Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

ranch hunts

Old 01-04-2002, 03:10 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Spike

Default RE: ranch hunts

I agree that shooting fenced in animals is not a "fair chase" hunt. If you can pick the animal out from photos that you are going to shoot, I question rather that is hunting. But I don't condem the man that wants that, there may be a very good reason for him to be there that is none of my business.

Where I have a problem is with the terminology, i.e. "Ranch Hunts". I have a ranch, and we do hunt it. This is a cattle ranch in eastern Montana, 27,000 acres. I hear all the time that "ranch hunts" are not the same. If you come and hunt this "ranch" you'll see that it IS fair chase. If you run a big Mule Deer up to the fence (4 wire cattle fence) he'll jump over it and you'll be SOL. That's "fair chase" if there is such a thing.

My point is, I guess, that you shouldn't classify "fenced in" hunts as "Ranch Hunts". There are many ranches like ours that don't fence in the game animals, and have very nice, fair chace, "ranch hunts"!

Keep Smilin'

Blackhawk
Old 01-10-2002, 09:32 PM

I am looking to go to texas on a ranch hunt next winter. I found one of those to good to be true places,and wondered if any one could help me out.
I asked for ref. from the gentlemen who owned the ranch,but he told me to come here and Icould find out the information I was looking for.The ranch name isBrush Country Bowhuntig.If you know anything or have heard anything about them I would like to here from you. Thank-you
Old 01-10-2002, 09:38 PM
Spike

Julia, are you looking for whitetails or exotics. I hunt with a guy down there for exotics and he has some ranches that are really great where the game exist naturally and are not "stocked" like fish in a pond.
Old 01-10-2002, 10:06 PM

Red river
this plase i found wants 600.00 fo 2 hogs 1 ram and one exotic but you have 4 days to kill and its bow only
Old 01-11-2002, 07:41 AM

Julia, If the owner of the ranch would not give you any references to call or a way to get in touch with someone I would think twice about going. To me that would be the first indication of hiding something or he does not want you to hear anything bad about his ranch.

North America Outdoors
www.naoutdoors.com
Old 01-11-2002, 10:45 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-11-2002, 05:59 PM

Bullhunter I will tell you exactly why we outlawed game farms here in Montana and I am proud to say that I voted in favor of banning them. It all started with a game farm in Phillipsburg. Several of the elk died from a disease called cronic wasting disease. This disease could spred very easily to the wild elk and cause a massive die off. I believe eating contaminated elk could also be dangerous for humans.
Now correct me if I'm wrong but several contaminated elk were also transfered to other ranches. Game farms have created nothing more than an epidemic of cronic wasting disease in captive elk. It is threatening our native herds and if you do not believe me than why would states be ordering the mass killing of captive elk.
For the matter of fenced hunts I am pretty straight forward on this issue. Exotics in southern states are not in their native habitat. They have not evolved for millions of years to live in the habitat of south Texas and I personally think they should only be hunted where they are native. Hunting on private land does not bother me, however, if the fences are so high the deer can not escape than that also is not fair chase.
Remeber you can screw up a thousand times but that animal only has to screw up once. I think we sould at least give them that opportunity.
Old 01-13-2002, 08:19 AM

tussey Mt hutr: Tioga hunting is a joke man!!! I live near there. We locals laugh at the clowns that go there. 1500 possibly but 1100 of it is field and/or overgrazed woodlots. Got everything thing in there from domestic turkeys to buffalos most of it standing around in open fields or woods so overbrowsed that you can see from one end to the other.
Call those hogs "wild boar" all they are is big eared piggies that eagerly run to the feeder. Yeah they got some mixed with european stock even can get you some pure european stock. But these are just as tame.
This discription goes as well for Blk Boar and Stony Fork in the area too.
Save your $$ go to the store and buy some pork loins when they are on sale. Least then when your pals are over for a cookout you won't need to lie about buying the meat!!!!!
Old 01-13-2002, 10:38 AM

I am looking for a little help.Iwant to shot a nice black buck or axis deer. I've checked out a lot of places but maybe someone out there could tell me about there hunt for these animals. thank-you

Quick Reply: ranch hunts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.