Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
OTC elk tag in CO for the fall >

OTC elk tag in CO for the fall

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

OTC elk tag in CO for the fall

Old 03-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Spike

Default OTC elk tag in CO for the fall

i plan on buying and otc elk tag in the 2nd rifle season in one of these 3 units. 65, 75 751, and i was curios if anyone had any info on these units. I have been looking at lemon reservoir area over to the vallecito reservoir area, and also in the Ouray area. I am only 23 my father always hunted in unit 66, sadly I don't have him around any longer and I feel like its time that I start going and figuring out all of these things my self.im looking for a place that I can get away from the crowd and not be bothered. if anyone has any info on any of these units and is willing to share please help, im not looking for anyones hunting spots, just some areas to start off at .
Old 03-14-2014, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard good things about missionary ridge in 75, but have never hunted there and I am sure the locals are thick there.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Spike

You can draw 66 2nd season with just 1 pp. I looked into 65 and I think by 2nd season the Elk on private could be an issue depending on what area in that unit you hunt thats not to say you can't get em on public but it will be tougher with the amount of hunters in Archery, Muzz, 1st rifle that hit the area prior.

Last edited by Elkhorn25; 04-03-2014 at 06:04 PM.