Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Unit 67 mule deer colorado >

Unit 67 mule deer colorado

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Unit 67 mule deer colorado

Old 12-30-2013, 09:56 PM
Spike

Default Unit 67 mule deer colorado

I'm thinking cashing in my preference points in this year on a 3 rd season mule deer tag in unit 67 colorado . I hunted 67 three years ago during the muzzle loader season for elk. I hunted up high and didn't see many deer. I've heard that 3rd season the mule deer hunting is much better, and the deer are down low?

If any one has any info that they would be wiling to share it would be gratefully appreciated. Would like to talk to some one who has had this tag in the past. Thanks Adam

Also I am not new 2 this forum, I can't remember my pass word so I had 2 creat a new profile. My old name was adamwipp07, if anyone knows how I can get a new password sent to my email let me know.

Last edited by Wipp04th; 12-30-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:36 AM
Spike

I think your are going in right direction.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

I used to hunt 67 for elk, 3rd season, and used to practically trip over deer down low. I haven't been down that way in about 5 years, but I think you're on the right track. Heck, they used to walk through the parking lot, somehow knowing none of us had deer tags!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:02 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by mac266
I used to hunt 67 for elk, 3rd season, and used to practically trip over deer down low. I haven't been down that way in about 5 years, but I think you're on the right track. Heck, they used to walk through the parking lot, somehow knowing none of us had deer tags!

When you hunted for elk in the 3rd season where did you stay? Where you close to Gunnison? I also have 2 elk points and could probably draw a 3rd rifle elk tag also, how was the elk hunting when you were out there?
Old 01-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Wipp04th
When you hunted for elk in the 3rd season where did you stay? Where you close to Gunnison? I also have 2 elk points and could probably draw a 3rd rifle elk tag also, how was the elk hunting when you were out there?
I stayed in a tent on the side of the mountain and froze my nuts off. The elk hunting was atrocious except for the guys on horseback. The horseman were able to go farther up and farther in than any of us tools on foot, and guess where the elk were. That was the case every time I hunted there, but I kept coming back thinking ONE OF THESE YEARS WE'LL GET SOME WEATHER! But we didn't.