Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Recommendation for black bear rifle hunt >

Recommendation for black bear rifle hunt

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Recommendation for black bear rifle hunt

Old 12-30-2013, 03:01 AM
Spike

Default Recommendation for black bear rifle hunt

I want to make a black bear rifle hunt in 2014. Prefer something close enough to drive from Louisiana. Spring or fall. Dogs or baited. Looking for references or recommendations.

Jeff
[email protected]
Old 12-30-2013, 03:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Might be worth your time to check out Willie Allen. He hunts NC. I've got a Tundra Swan hunt booked with him in Jan. I haven't hunted with him before but he comes highly recommended by a guy I trust completely and his references checked out. In addition to swan he guides for deer and bear as well. NC has some really good bear and it would be drivable from LA.

http://www.outbackoutfittersnc.com/index.html

If you want to go the other way, there are some good outfits that hunt around Raton NM. I can't recommend any particular guy but the NM/CO border has a lot of bear.

I've done most my bear hunting in BC but did take one while elk hunting in CO once.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

I know a great guide out of Homer, AK.
No dogs, no bait, just lots of big bears.

Old 12-31-2013, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can you bait or run hounds in NC? I've been looking for a place to take my kid. We went to Quebec a couple years ago, but we live in PA, not LA. Lots of places in Maine but that's a long drive.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:22 AM
Spike

Default bear outfitter

Abitibi Outfitters Check us out. Email [email protected] for pics and references
website is under construction and will be back up shortly
Old 01-21-2014, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

We offer a couple of very good bear hunts in New Mexico. You can email me for details.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:47 PM
Spike

Location: Virginia, near the Rappahannock where fresh water turns salty

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308 View Post
Can you bait or run hounds in NC? I've been looking for a place to take my kid. We went to Quebec a couple years ago, but we live in PA, not LA. Lots of places in Maine but that's a long drive.
Lots of hound hunting for bears in W.Va, NC and VA. Rifle should be easy to carry. Whatever carry easy and is in the 30 to 45 cal. Ya don't need a 45-70 or 458mag. Lots of 30-30s, 44mag, 45LC, 308, 06 etc... Lots of short barreled lever guns. If you could ever find one, the old Ruger 44 auto would be nice. 10

Last edited by 10 ga; 01-21-2014 at 06:48 PM. Reason: accuracy
Old 01-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 10 ga View Post
Lots of hound hunting for bears in W.Va, NC and VA. Rifle should be easy to carry. Whatever carry easy and is in the 30 to 45 cal. Ya don't need a 45-70 or 458mag. Lots of 30-30s, 44mag, 45LC, 308, 06 etc... Lots of short barreled lever guns. If you could ever find one, the old Ruger 44 auto would be nice. 10
I've heard that NC doesn't allow baiting. Do you know if this is right?

ATB