HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Wyoming Best place to move* live * hunt (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/387778-wyoming-best-place-move-live-hunt.html)

easyshoot 12-03-2013 04:37 PM

Wyoming Best place to move* live * hunt

Wyoming best place to move to..
Road hunting is legal, if your handi caped you can shoot deer out car window, if your not handi capped you must take 10 steps out of truck.
No seat belt tickets
Speed limit is 75 and 80
You can carry pistol concealed without a license.
Open carry is legal.
No car inspection stickers.
no emission testing.
Against the law to hitch hike ( great way to get rid of druggys).
You can shoot as many animals as you buy tags for. If you want to you can shoot a 1/2 cord of deer or antelope as long as you buy the tags.

Guns and ammo manufactured in Wyoming is exempt from all fed gun laws.
There are more antelope in Wyoming than people.
Largest city in Wyoming is 56,000 people. Total population is only 550,000.
...Deleted by CalHunter...
Low crime rate, ...Deleted by CalHunter...
More jobs than people.
Only way to get Wyoming drivers license is show birth certificate.
illegal aliens cant not get drivers license even if they have a out of state license, they must show birth certificate before getting Wyoming license.

Sales tax is only 4% instead of 9 & 10% like most places, this gives you a automatic 5% raise just living there.

Remote land is only 150.00 per acre in remote out back hunting areas.
Land taxes are cheap. 300 acres of raw land is only 42.00 per year land taxes. Wyoming is only place where regular working man can buy and own land. Most places you need 200k just for 20 acres, and then you still have to rent the land ( land taxes) for 3k per year in school taxes.

Your vote counts in Wyoming.
No large city's to over ride the rural areas. In many places the large evil city's with massive freeloader drone populations out vote good family people.

If you like living off the land, eating free meat, and no rules. you will like Wyoming.
If you like off grid living, with wind generators, there are wind zones from 0- 10. Wyoming is a 9. This means if you were in texas where wind is weak you would have to buy 4 or 5 medium wind generators to do same job as 1 wind generator in Wyoming.
It does snow and get cold. ( but this is your friend) . Every time you get a few California rejects moved in ,the winter evens things out and they are gone asap.
Summers are awesome.
In summer 50 degrees every night, no ac needed, just crack windows.
In day time is can get to 85 and sometimes even 90 degrees, but it takes all day to get there, then temp falls fast in evening. Not like is some places in summer where it is 95 degrees at 10 am.
Cops are nicetwo time
Cops here are very nice. Sense there is not much crime, the cops don't treat everyone like dirt bags. I have personally saw cops help change flat tires on people trucks, even on there belly using jack on side of hwy.
Amazing when you live in a crime ridden city, its not until you live in a place like this , the you cant believe you stayed in the over crowded rat hole so long.
People in the west are great. It genetics >>
The original settlers who came there were self starters, not hand out free loader welfare types.

Muley Hunter 12-03-2013 04:54 PM

Are you the governor looking for more votes?

Topgun 3006 12-03-2013 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4104253)
Are you the governor looking for more votes?

***Good one Pete!!!

DJfan 12-03-2013 05:20 PM

I'm glad I moved here.

Muley Hunter 12-03-2013 05:31 PM

Me too.

mt hunt 12-03-2013 05:56 PM

No *&^%

Nice racist post. Good luck in cowboy country!

Bullcamp82834 12-03-2013 05:57 PM

Wow Easyshoot you pretty much covered it. But let's not get too vocal about it. We have enough people here already. No need to draw more in.

In keeping with the theme here I will quote my favorite bumper sticker and give my opinion as to why WY has such a low crime rate:

WELCOME TO WYOMING
CONSIDER EVERYONE ARMED

easyshoot 12-06-2013 07:32 AM

To MT Hunt..

it might even be racist to expect blacks to adhere to civilized standards of behavior of others. Facts 95% of all violet crime is committed by blacks.
Can you name one black country it is safe to visit?
Would you move your family to Detroit? or philly?
Just because I do not want to live near crime does not mean anyone is racist.

I do not hate sharks, but do not want to be around them, I feel unsafe.

The new Knock out game ( it's called now ,,hurting old women 78 yrs old )).
What would it be called if white did this to others?
Instead of knockout game it would be called a hate crime.

Bullcamp82834 12-06-2013 09:25 AM

If it's racist to look at who is committing the majority of violent crime and choose to live in an area where that particular group of people don't occur in large numbers just go ahead and put me down as a racist.

As far as the "knockout game" goes..........
If I frequented urban areas, which I don't, I would be more than happy to demonstrate the superiority of the 125 grain 38 special +P over the human fist in the area of knockouts.

mt hunt 12-07-2013 07:07 AM

I have lived in several cities; Los Angeles, St. Louis and have traveled to a few " Black" Countries without issue. My take is the attitude toward others is often what you receive back. Having lived in Wyoming as well I can tell you it certainly is not crime free. There are plenty of cases and statistics of White folks and crime in that state as well. I live here in MT. for probably many of the same reasons as you; however playing the blame game for what goes on in our country does not help the root issues. I'm not saying you have to like everyone, but having some basic decency and not fulling the fire with low brow scatter gun comments that all black people are trouble and using the "N' word can go a long way to helping the issue instead of continuing it. Peace.

Bullcamp82834 12-07-2013 09:28 AM

In my little town in WY I can leave my truck unlocked and running outside a store on a cold day if I want to keep the heat running. Why? We just don't have thugs (of any color) walking around looking for things to steal. That's the only point that is being made here.
We all know where the thugs live and how the demographics break down. You can acknowledge the reality or deny it but the reality remains.

CalHunter 12-07-2013 09:38 AM

Wyoming does have a low crime rate and is a great state BUT stating the low crime rate is due to a small % of the population being black is pretty ignorant. If that concept were true, one might expect a majority of violent crimes to be committed by blacks in Wyoming and that simply isn't so (see quote and link to Wiki article below). For homicides specifically, 1.7% more of them are committed by blacks as opposed to white but each group commits almost half of the homicides for which suspect(s) are arrested. But in each of the other violent crimes categories, white clearly commit a higher % of the crimes than blacks.

According to population data from the website USA.com (see link below), just over 90% of Wyoming's population is white, less than 1% is black and almost 9% is Hispanic. According to the statistics, the Hispanic population is apparently not very violent.

http://www.usa.com/wyoming-state-pop...-and-races.htm

***EDIT NOTE*** This quote from Wiki is for arrest statistics for the entire country, NOT just Wyoming.***

Characteristics of offenders vary from the average for specific types of crimes and specific crimes.

In terms of violent crime by gender, in 2011, 80.4% of arrested persons were male and 19.6% were female.[19] Males were 88.2% of those arrested for homicide, while females were 11.8%.[19] Among those arrested for rape in 2011, males were 98.8% and females were 1.2%.[19] For property crime in 2011, 62.9% of arrested persons were male and 37.1% were female.[19]

For violent crime by race in 2011, 59.4% of those arrested were white, 38.3% were black, and 2.2% were of other races.[23] For persons arrested for homicide in 2011, 49.7% were black, 48% were white, and 2.3% were of other races.[23] For persons arrested for rape in 2011, 65% were white, 32.9% were black, and 2.1% were of other races.[23] For property crime in 2011, 68.1% of arrested persons were white, 29.5% were black, and 2.4% were of other races.[23]

In 2011, law enforcement reported 6,222 bias-motivated incidents, known as hate crimes, for which 5,731 offenders were identified.[24] Of these, 59% were white, 20.9% were black, 7.1% were of various races, 1.4% were Asian or Pacific Islanders, 0.8% were Native American, and 10.8% were of unknown race.[24]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

Topgun 3006 12-07-2013 09:56 AM

Looks to me like the statistics chart put up for Wyoming by Calhunter shows EXACTLY what has been said by a couple of the other members! If the black population is less than 1% and the Hispanic population is 9% the actual crime ratios stated compared to their % of the population would suggest just what has been mentioned and that is the REALITY of the US today!!! What would the percentages be if the population of those of color were a lot higher than 1 and 9 percent? The answer is that they would probably mirror the hugely significant numbers that we see everywhere else when the minority population is a lot higher. How can you say anything different when you look at those stats or does living on the left coast give a completely different perspective like everything else that seems to happen out there? Please don't take this post as being racist, as all I'm saying is look at those numbers, digest them as to what has been previously stated by other members, and you can't disagree with what I've stated.

Murdy 12-07-2013 11:34 AM

Well, according to the stats posted by CalHunter, you probably want to live in a state without any men in it: "Males were 88.2% of those arrested for homicide, while females were 11.8%.[19] Among those arrested for rape in 2011, males were 98.8% and females were 1.2%.[19]." That's the problem with statistics; sometimes you can't take them at face value. I wouldn't want to live in a poor, inner city, neighborhood no matter the prevailing race of the inhabitants. But, I also would not generalize from my desire to avoid such neighborhoods to draw conclusions about entire groups of people.

Topgun 3006 12-07-2013 11:46 AM

Murdy---Your last sentence hits on what I was about to post when I got interrupted and had to leave the desk for awhile. No matter what the stats show about the minority population percentages there are still a lot of darn good folks out there. I've lived next to them, bunked with them in the service, hunted with them, and color was of no significance. It's just like everything else in that a few rotten apples in the barrel spoil things for the ones that are good.

CalHunter 12-07-2013 10:47 PM

You guys are both right. The "percentages" quoted in the Wiki article are for the entire country (not just Wyoming) and they don't tell the entire story. I was unable to find a database that showed how many violent crimes were committed by which race against which race in Wyoming (or any other state for that matter). every database I looked at showed that Wyoming has an incredibly low amount of violent crime committed each year (anywhere from 400 to 1100-ish) but none of the databases showed how many or what % of those violent crimes were committed by blacks. Theoretically, each of the few murders committed in Wyoming could have been committed by whites only. On a numerical level, that is entirely possible.

On a purely anecdotal level (I've "heard" this before but haven't seen it cited anywhere), I have heard that most crimes committed by blacks are committed against other blacks. In a "nationwide" grouping, it would stand to reason that most of those black committed crimes must obviously be committed in large urban areas and not somewhere in the country or suburbs.

In summary, I can't disprove easyshoot's deleted statement but I wasn't able to find any proof to support it either. After spending an hour google-searching, I don't think easyshoot will find proof or evidence to support his theory either IMHO.

Now on a more important note, exactly how does this residential "more than one tag" thing work?? :wink::happy0001:

Rob1969 12-08-2013 06:26 AM

Yep. Leave it to the libs to throw the race card at ya!!
I lived in St. Louis and Chicago. If you think your always safe? Who are you kidding?
I guess you have never been called "cracker a$& why you in Our neighborhood" or have been threatened with violence or had family attacked.
You keep imaging your fairy tale.
Did you also fall for the Obama lie?

DJfan 12-08-2013 06:35 AM

Have to admit that I didn't catch the black comment at first. Had to go back and find it.

My move here had nothing to do with demographics of the skin color, and I have black friends here in Cheyenne - a couple are coming to dinner on Saturday, in fact - and don't care what skin color they have actually.

I have noticed the low number of idiots, though. I have lived in Phoenix, San Diego, Los Angeles (just for work), and close to San Bernardino (if you have ever watched "Cops" you have seen it!), and hate cities. They breed idiots for some reason. I feel that most of the locals here are good with the low idiot ratio, and live here for that reason. Or, they are in the Air Force.

Black - white - Mexican - whatever - doesn't bother me. City - entitled - rude - selfish - bother me. Not much of that here.

Bullcamp82834 12-08-2013 06:58 AM

We can argue crime stats and what ethnic group is the most likely to commit a violent crime against you all day long. Let's set that debate aside and get right down to common sense and the basic truth we all know.

You are traveling across the country in your car with your wife and young children. The car starts acting up and you know you are going to have to exit the freeway right away and find a repair shop in a town you are unfamiliar with.

Would you rather have this happen in St. Louis....... or Cheyenne ?
We all probably answered the same on that one for one easy reason. And it's not because car repairs are cheaper in St. Louis.

We all live in the same world and watch the same news. Let's quit massaging data and acknowledge what we all know is true.

troutbum 12-08-2013 07:02 AM

not racist

Originally Posted by mt hunt (Post 4105569)
I have lived in several cities; Los Angeles, St. Louis and have traveled to a few " Black" Countries without issue. My take is the attitude toward others is often what you receive back. Having lived in Wyoming as well I can tell you it certainly is not crime free. There are plenty of cases and statistics of White folks and crime in that state as well. I live here in MT. for probably many of the same reasons as you; however playing the blame game for what goes on in our country does not help the root issues. I'm not saying you have to like everyone, but having some basic decency and not fulling the fire with low brow scatter gun comments that all black people are trouble and using the "N' word can go a long way to helping the issue instead of continuing it. Peace.

I grew up with blacks, went to school with them. Not all bad, but will i trust them ,NO. tell your thoerey to the people minding there own bussines going to work. getting knocked out on a polar bear hunt.I won't go out of my way to hurt or disrespect a black person, but I will not trust or live by them. So if it wasn't for the snow i would love to live in Wyoming. Seem they use the thinking processe in how they live . They don't stick there heads in the ground and think it will go away. I hunted there once and loved it. So please don't attack some one who lives there for there beleafs. There intitled to it to.

Bullcamp82834 12-08-2013 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by DJfan (Post 4105830)
Have to admit that I didn't catch the black comment at first. Had to go back and find it.

My move here had nothing to do with demographics of the skin color, and I have black friends here in Cheyenne - a couple are coming to dinner on Saturday, in fact - and don't care what skin color they have actually.

I have noticed the low number of idiots, though. I have lived in Phoenix, San Diego, Los Angeles (just for work), and close to San Bernardino (if you have ever watched "Cops" you have seen it!), and hate cities. They breed idiots for some reason. I feel that most of the locals here are good with the low idiot ratio, and live here for that reason. Or, they are in the Air Force.

Black - white - Mexican - whatever - doesn't bother me. City - entitled - rude - selfish - bother me. Not much of that here.

Your "low number of idiots" remark is spot on.
The kind of human trash you worry about encountering in large urban areas just doesn't exist here in significant numbers. There's no reason for them to be here. The environment that breeds them and provides a happy hunting ground for their criminal lifestyle doesn't exist here.
And WY isn't special in this regard. I'd include MT, ID, the Dakotas, UT and large portions of other states.

I guarantee you that if a person is being assaulted on a street in Laramie the next guy down the street is going to jump in and try to stop it. Can anyone say that about Chicago?

DJfan 12-08-2013 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834 (Post 4105843)
Your "low number of idiots" remark is spot on.
The kind of human trash you worry about encountering in large urban areas just doesn't exist here in significant numbers. There's no reason for them to be here. The environment that breeds them and provides a happy hunting ground for their criminal lifestyle doesn't exist here.
And WY isn't special in this regard. I'd include MT, ID, the Dakotas, UT and large portions of other states.

I guarantee you that if a person is being assaulted on a street in Laramie the next guy down the street is going to jump in and try to stop it. Can anyone say that about Chicago?

I would jump in, and am sure people would jump in for me.

THAT is America.

Muley Hunter 12-08-2013 08:03 AM

I tried to find a small town in Wy to compare to mine. I picked Buffalo. It's a little bigger, but still a small town. i see more crime than mine. Especially, if you look at recent years.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...o-Wyoming.html

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Colorado.html

DJfan 12-08-2013 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4105852)
I tried to find a small town in Wy to compare to mine. I picked Buffalo. It's a little bigger, but still a small town. i see more crime than mine. Especially, if you look at recent years.

Of course there is more crime in WY. CO is busy making everything legal.

Bullcamp82834 12-08-2013 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4105852)

Your cops are on the ball. Let them know you appreciate their good work.
Our cops are good too. This town has an attitude of every man having a vested interest in the good of the town. If a crook gets caught committing a crime here he is better off if the cops catch him at it than if a citizen does.

Bullcamp82834 12-08-2013 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by DJfan (Post 4105855)
Of course there is more crime in WY. CO is busy making everything legal.

In the big picture there is far more crime in CO than in WY.

CO has a disadvantage in this regard. It's called Denver.
Otherwise, CO is wonderful.

Muley Hunter 12-08-2013 08:55 AM

What's a Denver??

CalHunter 12-08-2013 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rob1969 (Post 4105826)
Yep. Leave it to the libs to throw the race card at ya!!
I lived in St. Louis and Chicago. If you think your always safe? Who are you kidding?
I guess you have never been called "cracker a$& why you in Our neighborhood" or have been threatened with violence or had family attacked.
You keep imaging your fairy tale.
Did you also fall for the Obama lie?

Your post was directly below mine in which I pointed out I couldn't find any stats to say one way or another how many crimes in Wyoming were committed by blacks or not. One might assume your post was directed at me but then again, it might not. If your post was directed towards me, you would be pretty much wrong on all accounts.

I've never thought I was "always safe" which is why I carry a gun often (partly out of habit). I have never lived in St. Louis or Chicago but from what I've read, both (especially Chicago) could rival many middle eastern countries for violence. I don't know how St. Louis treats gun rights but have read that Chicago is pathetic towards gun rights and has a lot of corruption/incompetence issues. I have driven through Harlem, etc. in NY and am familiar with the "cracker" comments--there is a lot of racism in some black communities.

My family has never been attacked but I have. I'm still here and some of them are in jail, prison or just gone. I don't "imagine a fairy tale" but do feel quite blessed. I didn't "fall" for the Obama lie although he's told so many that you might need to be more specific.

Again, I don't know if your comment was aimed directly at me but I have answered in case it was. I have been accused of many things but never liberal (at least so far). ;)

Muley Hunter 12-08-2013 11:51 AM

I lived in LA for way more years than I should have. I drove an end dump for a living. It's a construction truck, and we had to go where the work was. Many times the jobs were in Watts.

Not a friendly place for a white boy.

Tobe_B 12-08-2013 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4105865)
What's a Denver??

It's where the dreams of Colorado go to die.

Muley Hunter 12-08-2013 12:45 PM

No kidding. Maybe we could ship Denver to Wyoming? They need more excitement.

DJfan 12-08-2013 02:26 PM

Denver is a hole. Dirty, liberal and expensive. At least it has crime to make it better, right?

It is everything wrong about our culture.

Muley Hunter 12-08-2013 03:38 PM

Good thing I didn't show the crime in Cheyenne.

Bullcamp82834 12-08-2013 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4105865)
What's a Denver??

It's like a festering boil on the ass of an otherwise stunningly beautiful woman.

Bullcamp82834 12-08-2013 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4105910)
No kidding. Maybe we could ship Denver to Wyoming? They need more excitement.

Thanks, but we'll pass on that one.

Muley Hunter 12-08-2013 03:59 PM

Understandable. You already have Cheyenne.

Lets face it. All big cities suck! I never want to see another one.

Population in my town is 2200, and that's borderline too much.

Topgun 3006 12-08-2013 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4105950)

***I'm with you there Pete, as my little town is a hair bigger than where you are and it's getting way too big for my liking!!!

DJfan 12-08-2013 04:53 PM

I would leave Cheyenne and go much smaller (Ten Sleep would be great) but Mrs. Fan is not on board with that. Kaycee is pretty cool, too.

Bullcamp82834 12-08-2013 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter (Post 4105950)

True, big cities suck.
And no, I don't have Cheyenne. I never go there. If I want to do the big city thing and take the woman out dancing I have Sheridan. Or if it's a really big occasion.......... Billings.
:)

Topgun 3006 12-08-2013 06:42 PM

I'd love to live somewhere in the Buffalo to Sheridan area!