Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

772lbs Black bear

Old 12-09-2013, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I doubt it workl quite that way. We have bears that come around the house and eat from people's feeders. These same bears will take off like a bat out of hell if they sense a human in the woods. They are still wild and cunning.

Even in states that allow baiting, bears are still super-skittish and flee from any human scent or sound. I don't think they run up to any humans they see, especially when encountered in the woods.

This was also a crossbow kill. The bear would have been broadside, not coming right for him.

The guy who was doing the feeding was not a hunter. He was just a guy who liked to see bears. I believe he had several compaints from neighbors.

If that bear was not shot by a hunter, it would have eventually been killed by the game commission. I think it was trapped a couple times as a nuisance bear and relocated.

With all the hooplah surrounding that bear (it was all over the news), the game commission did a thorough investigation. Baiting is illegal in PA, so the hunters would have had to have been far away from the twinkie man and they would have also had to been away from the path the bear would have supposedly taken.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not sure why you're making excuses for Twinkie man, and you have no idea how the bear acted after being fed.

All the bear has to do is hesitate for few seconds to get shot. I never said it was going to run up to every human it saw like a puppy.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

I suppose the taxidermist will shellack a Twinkie and shove it in the mouth of the finished mount just to add that touch of realism.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

The moral of the story is..............Don't eat Twinkies. They give you a big dead head.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you guys speaking out against the hunter? Or the bonehead who was feeding them? If a non-hunting dummy feeds a bear, does that make him off-limits to hunters? If you are hunting on state game land, a 900lb bear walks by, you will pass him up because he may have been fed? There tons of bears that get fed by humans. Can't spare them all.

What do you think about Canada and states where they hunt over bait?
Old 12-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

You don't want to know what I think of baiting.

I also never mentioned passing up on the bear. Although I might if I knew it's history.

We have a lot of deer that come into town here. They get fed by the dummies here. I can always tell the ones that have been fed when I run into them later in the mountains. They don't run. They just stand there staring at me. I would never shoot one. I don't need the meat that bad.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do you shoot the deer that don't just stand there? Only take running shots?
Old 12-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually, half my shots are running shots. The ones that just stand there don't know i'm there.

The ones i'm talking about that are fed in town stand there while looking at me. No fear.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

We don't have animals like that here. Even fed animals are scared of their own shadows where I hunt.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mule deer are more curious than whitetails.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.