Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Very Blessed This Fall...

Old 11-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default Very Blessed This Fall...

Started off in September hunting colorado for elk with my bow. Didn't see alot of elk unlike my hunting partners who were running into herds but on the 4th day I called a bull into about 15 to 20 yards. I was walking up thru an aspen grove and he came running down to me. I was out in the open so when his head went behind a tree I kneeled down behind an aspen shoot and nocked an arrow. He stopped above me and I hadn't drawn yet and was thinking I'd missed my opportunity. Suddenly, he went down to eat something and turned broadside. I drew my bow, settled pin, and fired. Arrow went right thru him and he ran off to my left down the hillside. I whipped out the cow call and started calling. He stopped and then trotted over a rise on the hillside. I found him piled up down the hill from there. Not the largest bull on the mountain but he'll eat good.

Then in October I had drawn two tags for Wyoming so headed out to stay with some friends and hunt deer and antelope. I was there the last week of Oct and the antelope were very skittish having been hunted most of the month. Managed to find this goat in a group and made a good stalk.

I'd passed up a mule deer buck earlier in the hunt and was kicking myself along with my hunting partners saying "I can't believe you passed that one up". This area wasn't a trophy area by any means but had potential for some decent bucks. I checked the area I'd seen him a few days before and had been checking morning and evening prior. Found him chasing some does on a flat next to a hillside. I was in the truck so drove down about a quarter mile until I was out of sight, got the gun and pack ready, and used the land to get close enough for a shot. Was pretty tickled to locate him again and was able to knock him down. Normally I whitetail hunt in Minnesota but opted to concentrate on my dog and pheasants as the freezer was full!! Took a scope to the head and 5 stitches later was good to go...

Old 11-25-2013, 01:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Blessed indeed !! Congratulations on some beautiful trophies.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

All great animals. That is the perfect bull elk. On the ground, taken cleanly and fairly. Well done!
Old 11-30-2013, 03:08 AM
fzo
Fork Horn

really nice pics
Old 11-30-2013, 10:31 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ironranger
Started off in September hunting colorado for elk with my bow. Didn't see alot of elk unlike my hunting partners who were running into herds but on the 4th day I called a bull into about 15 to 20 yards. I was walking up thru an aspen grove and he came running down to me. I was out in the open so when his head went behind a tree I kneeled down behind an aspen shoot and nocked an arrow. He stopped above me and I hadn't drawn yet and was thinking I'd missed my opportunity. Suddenly, he went down to eat something and turned broadside. I drew my bow, settled pin, and fired. Arrow went right thru him and he ran off to my left down the hillside. I whipped out the cow call and started calling. He stopped and then trotted over a rise on the hillside. I found him piled up down the hill from there. Not the largest bull on the mountain but he'll eat good.

Then in October I had drawn two tags for Wyoming so headed out to stay with some friends and hunt deer and antelope. I was there the last week of Oct and the antelope were very skittish having been hunted most of the month. Managed to find this goat in a group and made a good stalk.

I'd passed up a mule deer buck earlier in the hunt and was kicking myself along with my hunting partners saying "I can't believe you passed that one up". This area wasn't a trophy area by any means but had potential for some decent bucks. I checked the area I'd seen him a few days before and had been checking morning and evening prior. Found him chasing some does on a flat next to a hillside. I was in the truck so drove down about a quarter mile until I was out of sight, got the gun and pack ready, and used the land to get close enough for a shot. Was pretty tickled to locate him again and was able to knock him down. Normally I whitetail hunt in Minnesota but opted to concentrate on my dog and pheasants as the freezer was full!! Took a scope to the head and 5 stitches later was good to go...

You have to Quit hugging that SCOPE!
Old 11-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Spike

Nice animals you got there! Bet you had fun
Old 11-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Spike

Congrats. Now that is a year to remeber.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nobody is that blessed.

I'm going with .......you're a great hunter.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Nobody is that blessed.

I'm going with .......you're a great hunter.

What's that old saying...............
Luck is the end product of preparation , planning, and plain old hard work.

A little blessing never never hurt either if you believe in such.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome huntin season!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.