Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Aoudad hunt video

Old 11-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Spike

Default Aoudad hunt video

https://vimeo.com/79352886

This is the BEST, yes the BEST AOUDAD hunting video you or I have ever seen. FAR West Texas, long range, bad weather, high mountains, ROUGH ROUGH terrain, NO ROADS, and really good hunting friends. Excellent recipe for a memorable hunt.

NO FEEDERS, NO FENCES, NO WATER GUZZLERS, no ANIMALS With NAMe TAGs....just wild as hell AOUDAD.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice. I did an Aoudad hunt in TX once. I went on a ranch that was owned by the family of a Navy Buddy of mine. It was a "low fence" ranch and the game could come and go. Unlike the video, where I hunted them there wasn't any cliffs or bluffs but there were some wickedly rough ravines and for lack of a better word, canyons. So, we didn't climb up, we climbed down.

It was a pretty difficult hunt. Aoudad are sharp, have good eyes and they will be in the roughest stuff they can find. I got this one after a few days of chasing them around:

The picture was taken in the yard of the ranch house after we spent an afternoon fighting him up through the brush and the rocks. He's around 29 inches along the curve, which is pretty decent as far as Aoudad go. Not a monster, but a good ram. They are a fun animal to hunt, make a neat mount, but they aren't much on the table. I made most of this one into sausage and jerky. It was fun to hunt but I doubt I'll do it again. Meat means more than trophies to me and I don't need 2 of them on the wall.

A 7mm Rem Mag firing a handloaded 160 gr Nosler did the trick. Shot was a little over 200 yards. He dropped to the shot. No tracking.

Last edited by flags; 11-25-2013 at 05:06 AM.