Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

2013 caribou hunts

Old 11-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Spike

Default 2013 caribou hunts

Kurt Santoro and Safari Nordik oversold their 2013 caribou hunts and were unable to provide the hunts they sold. They refuse to refund the hunters money. My hunting partner and I paid over $16,000 for 2013 caribou hunts. We were notified 30 days before our hunt that we would be unable to hunt in 2013 and our money would not be refunded. Safari Nordik wanted to supply us with a one bull caribou hunt in 2014 when we had paid for a 2013 two bull caribou hunt.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you shelled out $16K for caribou hunts for 2 guys, then you are nuts! You can hunt caribou for a heck of a lot cheaper than that. I didn't have $16K in my last safari and I spent 12 days in Cameroon on that trip.

Dennis Smith a Bear Paw Outfitters in BC will set you up for moose, caribou, black bear and wolf for 2 guys for about $10K total. You need to shop around some.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

You also need to go kick some butt, and get your money back.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by flags
If you shelled out $16K for caribou hunts for 2 guys, then you are nuts! You can hunt caribou for a heck of a lot cheaper than that. I didn't have $16K in my last safari and I spent 12 days in Cameroon on that trip.

Dennis Smith a Bear Paw Outfitters in BC will set you up for moose, caribou, black bear and wolf for 2 guys for about $10K total. You need to shop around some.
Now that is mighty tempting indeed!! Is this a hunt you've gone on perchance?
Old 11-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Dennis Smith a Bear Paw Outfitters in BC will set you up for moose, caribou, black bear and wolf for 2 guys for about $10K total.
Surely there are a lot of other costs in that $10k hunt?
Old 11-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Now that is mighty tempting indeed!! Is this a hunt you've gone on perchance?
I've done black bear with him and wolf is an add on for the cost of the tag. But I've known others that have hunted the mixed bag with him. He has been in business a long, long time and is well connected with the BC Guides and Outfitters Association. Matter of fact he has been the President of it 3 or 4 times. If I wanted a mixed bag hunt, he is on the short list of people I would talk to.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

I've done black bear with him and wolf is an add on for the cost of the tag. But I've known others that have hunted the mixed bag with him. He has been in business a long, long time and is well connected with the BC Guides and Outfitters Association. Matter of fact he has been the President of it 3 or 4 times. If I wanted a mixed bag hunt, he is on the short list of people I would talk to.
Flags does he mostly advertise his business as a black bear outfitting service?
Old 11-21-2013, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jpbowhunter
Flags does he mostly advertise his business as a black bear outfitting service?
Yeah. Black bear is his main business but he also does moose, caribou, grizzly, goat, sheep and wolf. He runs winter trapline trips for guys that want that experience too. He is very, very good.