Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Coyote

Old 11-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Spike

Default Coyote

Hi coming to NY in February from the UK , can anyone help me in my quest for some Coyote or any other shooting . I am a professional gamekeeper back home so not a novice. Willing to pay or swap shooting many thanks.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

You might do better posting on the small game forum.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I grew up on the prairies of Eastern CO. That is a long way from NY, but if you don't mind traveling then you could get into some good coyote shooting in that area during Feb and Mar. A lot of the ranchers out that way have their cows bred to drop calves in Mar. Since coyotes can and do cause a lot of trouble on the calving ground it is pretty easy to get permission to shoot them during this time on order to thin them out.

My suggestion, if that interests you, is to contact the Farm Bureaus of CO, NE, KS, SD, ND etc... and let them know what you want to do. They very well could know some ranchers that want to get the song dogs thinned down. The respective Game Departments may know as well.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out Downwind Outdoors (on here, on facebook, on youtube). They're in New York, do a nice job putting fur in the dirt out there. If you can't travel, these guys might be willing to let you tag along.