Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

.270 for Elk

Old 11-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

I like the Partition also. Course I shoot it in one of those loud 338WM's.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:06 PM
Spike

Finnbear I am surprised that You somehow believe that you are the only one that hunts every year for meat. I see you fancy yourself quite the Weatherby expert
My Particular .270 weatherby is a Southgate mauser built by Roy Weatherby in 1956. It has a 1-12" twist and does not stabilize bullets well over 130 grs. As bullets changed over the years they became longer making them more difficult to stabilize so they went to a 1-10" twist. Most of the Southgates had a 1-12" twist Roy had some learning to do as well. I shoot 130 gr. speer grand slams with mine. " It is a great deer and antelope rifle"
I have hand loaded for 30 years and I hunt every year as well...for meat!
I find it amazing that when someone tried to share the facts they have found about bullet performance you think they are against you or less experienced.
what a narrow minded position.
I thought maybe someone(else) would like to know that when taxed the accubond would loose 33% of it's weight. I did not think it would.
I am not used to recovering bullets from animals and I thought it was worth sharing. Clearly if it is not what you shoot it is not worthwhile.
I had Elk for dinner