Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Pronghorn 2013 with pic's

Old 08-29-2013, 04:56 PM
car
Typical Buck

Nice story,congrats!
Old 08-29-2013, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Great pics and story both. I don't know what he scores either, but does it matter. He's a great buck and you saw and experienced some great stuff searching for the opportunity to fill your tag.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Great story and pictures Brad. Super speed goat and a trophy to be proud of. That area is close to where I have hunted and shot the 5 elk and 1 muley over the past 7 years. Alamosa is a bit west from the range where I have hunted but is the place we go when we have to go to town. I usually get my OTC elk tag at wally world in Alamosa. We always go out to the SL valley to sight in since there isn't anything there and it is wide open. I have had a few animals processed close to New Mexico at Mels Custom meats in Romeo CO near the NM border about 50 miles from our hunting area so we bought a freezer for the cabin and started to process our own. Not going back this year but will be back there in 14. Great area of the country.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 09-04-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome stuff mate well done, would love to take one myself one day
Old 09-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Thats great brother congrats on a wonderful story and awesome success!

Niccum
Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

After getting to the country and re-remembering just how open and big and how good pronghorns can see ... any legal buck would have been a trophy

I got lucky with one a bit bigger ....... taxidermist has already sent the cape off, should get him back in a few months maybe.

I need to focus on a big muley buck next .... a possibility of a cougar hunt maybe this winter too
Old 09-05-2013, 03:05 AM
Dominant Buck

I haven't seen a lion yet. Plenty of tracks but haven't had the pleasure of a sighting. Some of the friends I have who live in Alamosa and hunt my area have seen them though.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Spike

Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed reading your story and seeing the pics. I'm heading out elk hunting in 3 weeks in country I've never hunted and my plan is to keep a positive attitude and keep moving until I find them. Thanks again for sharing your story.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Good story with pics. Glad you enjoyed my neighborhood. It's a great land. COngrats on the nice buck.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

SILVERTIP-CO you know just north of the airport, wayyyyyy up on top of one of the biggest peaks was a bachelor group of I think 7 muley's that were .... .... uh ..... worth watching shall we say

I'd liked to have taken my kids in the Elephant Rocks stuff - they'd have played all day in and around it all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.