Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
AZ 5B late season bull....help! >

AZ 5B late season bull....help!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

AZ 5B late season bull....help!

Old 07-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Spike

Default AZ 5B late season bull....help!

I grew up hunting whitetails in the Ozarks of SE Missouri. I moved to Arizona about ten years ago and just recently drew my first elk tag in unit 5B. I have spent quite a bit of time in the unit, have good topo and FS maps, and am a ground pounder by nature. I just don't have any experience with hunting late season bulls. Of course I have read all the books/articles, watched and drooled over elk hunting videos, and began scouting the unit in the spring. I did find a couple of brown sheds in a rugged canyon, pretty far from the roads, and was thinking this would be a good indication of where bulls might hole up after the rut. Any advise as to glassing points, habitat, terrain, feeding habits, bedding habits, ext..... would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone else was lucky enough to draw a late season bull tag for unit 5B and would like to do some scouting together, please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-09-2013, 07:23 AM
Spike

Thanks for all the help, fellas!