Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk Mount

Old 03-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

Nice bull, congrats
Old 03-22-2013, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

Very nice. Congrats. HD.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great Mount Zim. Not sure if those are your trucks I'm seeing in Chicago lately. Had one right by my place in Madison the other day. Got me scratching my head if it was you or not.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Spike

Nice bull! Congrats. I'm going on my first elk hunt in Colorado this fall. 5 day drop camp and hunt from horseback. Really looking forward to it.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:51 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fastetti
Great Mount Zim. Not sure if those are your trucks I'm seeing in Chicago lately. Had one right by my place in Madison the other day. Got me scratching my head if it was you or not.
Haha no those are not my trucks! I was working in the burbs last summer and saw one coming, and had my camera in hand, so I took a photo. Can't believe some company stole my handle!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:24 AM
Spike

Way to go he is a nice one.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default Problem

Here's a good view of the problem. The taxidermist mounted this on a regular form, instead of an antler clearance form.

I don't know what to do. It is screwed up. The rack should be tilted back at about 30 degrees, rather than parallel to the muzzle. When it is displayed next to my other two elk, this one will look very funny.
Attached Thumbnails Elk Mount-elk-mount-profile.jpg  

Last edited by Zim; 04-05-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Spike

awesome mount, elk is on my bucket list. I'm not a huge fan of the mounts where the heads are turned to the side but I'd never seen one done like that. I'm very impressed!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Zim
Main Beams 52 6/8 & 50 0/8
Inside spread 42 5/8
Brow tines avg. 14 4/8
Swords 15 6/8 & 17 1/8

Was looking at this guy tryng to maneuver in home unsuccessfully, then noticed my coming moose rack is 8" wider that this! Neither can get past my living room. Good thing I'm already divorced.

When I was at taxidermist he showed me a 425 bull. But then rolls his eyes and mentions it was farm raised in Illinois, then shipped up to a fenced hunting ranch in Saskatchewan to be "hunted".
are people actually aware that they're shooting farmed deer that have been moved or do the outfitters do the old switcheroo on em before the hunt and then say to the hunter "Gosh look at that monster we stumbled on"?
Old 03-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Zim
Here's a good view of the problem. The taxidermist mounted this on a regular form, instead of an antler clearance form.

I don't know what to do. It is screwed up. The rack should be tilted back at about 15 degrees, rather than parallel to the muzzle. When it is displayed next to my other two elk, this one will look very funny.
I see what you mean. Great definition on the face though of the mount. Nice whitetail in the background too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.