Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Wyoming NR tag prices going up? >

Wyoming NR tag prices going up?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming NR tag prices going up?

Old 01-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Spike

Default Wyoming NR tag prices going up?

A friend of mine heard that Wyoming is almost doubling their non-resident elk/deer/goat prices in 2014. I can't find anything on their website about it. I'm hoping it's just another internet rumor or someone pulling his leg. Anyone have any reliable info?
Old 01-19-2013, 06:36 PM
car
Typical Buck

Nope, not a rumor. I don't know what the price is going to be.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

It didn't work out that well when Montana did the same thing.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Her's the actual Bill being introduced in the ongoing Legislative session in the link I have provided.

http://legisweb.state.wy.us/2013/Introduced/SF0032.pdf
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Non res grizzly is an ugly price.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here are the main NR prices that are proposed and they do not include the application fee that's going up to $17 or the required Conservation Stamp that will be about $15.
The PP fees, the reduced price doe/fawn/cow/calf licenses and youth licenses are not going up. The buck deer and buck antelope license would also include a fishing and small game license for those prices.

Non-resident proposed prices:
Pronghorn: $400
Deer: $480
Elk: $650
Special pronghorn: $700
Special deer: $780
Special elk: $1,250

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-19-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Even at those prices, they aren't bad. I have several preference points in Wyoming, and will just wait the extra year or two and try to pull a regular tag, instead of the special tags. Subscribe to eastmans hunting journal. A buddy of mine works for them and they have an excellent Memers Research Section included in every issue that is almost worth the price of the subscription in itself. It outlines all the hunting units of each species across the western states, regulations, draw odds, etc. it's a great tool.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Spike

Default Tag fees

Thanks for the info. Not good news, but not as bad as we heard. Don't think I'll pay that much for a goat tag, but it'll still be fun to take the kids.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I won't be hunting buck antelope out there any more since I've killed 3 real nice ones over 14" in 3 tries and that price increase doesn't give me any incentive to put in for more PPs to try for a 4th either. I imagine many others will quit on them too with that huge NR price increase. The best thing is that the youth licenses and antlerless reduced price tags are staying the same, so take your kids out and enjoy a hunt with them without spending a ton of money before they start pricing them out of the game too. The real kicker is the discrepancy in prices between NR and resident fees. NRs pay about 80% of the freight in the Wyoming G&F Department budget because our fees are 10 to 20 times that of residents.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

RR---The special prices are a draw of their own for that extra money with the theory being that fewer people will apply because they don't have the money and the odds of drawing the tag will be better. Sometimes it doesn't work that way though and guys in the regular draw will get a tag and a bunch apply in the higher priced one and don't get drawn because there aren't enough tags to go around in that one. Wyoming sets a certain percentage of the total tags to be issued for each draw and then they break it down again into a regular price draw and a special draw. There is a random regular draw and a random special price draw where no PPs are used and everyone has an equal chance of drawing. There is also a Regular PP Draw and a Special PP Draw where people with the most PPs in those draws are the first to draw the allotted tags.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.