Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Shirley Basin Wyoming Antelope >

Shirley Basin Wyoming Antelope

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Shirley Basin Wyoming Antelope

Old 02-02-2013, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Some units have a second season quota for Antelope,
with the season just opening latter than the initial
first season---sometimes those hunts are easier to
draw. When looking at units with easy draw odds
just be sure they have enough public land so you
have a place to hunt. Good luck
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

As stated earlier, most units with easy draw odds are ones that are composed of mostly private property. Some may have what appears to be a decent amount of public land and when a guy gets out there he finds out that there is no public road needed to legally access the BLM lands. Before a person commits to a unit in the draw they should get a good BLM map that shows the public lands and whether there is a county maintained road touching or going through enough public land in the unit to have a good hunt. I have a couple CD ROM programs that are invaluable in not having to buy maps. One is of Wyoming and the other covers the entire North American continent and they both show all the land ownership and roads. If any of you come up with a unit that you have a question on I'd be happy to help. Just send me a PM and I'll get back to you with whatever information you request.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 02-02-2013 at 07:32 AM.