Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Wyoming Antelope / Mule Deer Help >

Wyoming Antelope / Mule Deer Help

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming Antelope / Mule Deer Help

Old 12-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Spike

Default Wyoming Antelope / Mule Deer Help

Okay guys Im looking for all the opinions out there we are looking to go out to Wyoming next year for Antelope and Mule deer. I have 4 points for each and a buddy of mine has 3 points for each. We are pretty decent hunters and have been on a variety of hunts. I would like to go out there and do a DIY Hunt. Not against Paying a Trespass Fee to get on a good mule deer... I have never hunted Wyoming so Im looking at this map but would like to here from people that have been out there.

Now for the question...
Where in Wyoming should I be looking?
With the Points we have should we be looking at a certain area?

Thanks Brad
Old 12-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

I hunted south wy around area 66 saw lots of deer and I got a nice antelope myself 1st day. There are so many Goats around rawlins, thats where I would hunt its away from all the big name brining places and gives you a much smaller crowed to hunt around. Hope this helps

Good Luck

Niccum
Old 01-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Spike

Default Wyo deer & goat

We've had good luck in 47 and 72, near Casper, for medium sized (low-mid 70's") pronghorn. Those only take a couple points to draw. Unless you're picky it's a one to two day hunt and a lot of fun. I've been in 90 and 119 for deer with friends and family and had a great time in both. A 150+ deer is likely, but a couple friends drew 90 last year and said it was terrible (winter kill in 2011-2012). They were there for a week and saw nothing over 140" and they are not road hunters. With three/four points I think you might be a year or two away from 119, and 90 is a very tough draw. I'm top points (7) for deer and still have only about a 20-25% chance this year for 90.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Spike

I've hunted antelope in units 1 & 3 near Devils tower two years ago and drew a tag without any points. I have hunted there for several years before that for does with over the counter tags. there is quite a bit of BLM and state ground around there and some private ground you can hunt with a trespass fee. we also saw some nice muleys