Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Big Game Rifle...What Caliber??? >

Big Game Rifle...What Caliber???

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Big Game Rifle...What Caliber???

Old 10-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Big Game Rifle...What Caliber???

Looking Too Hunt Big Game In The Future! Elk Will Be My Next Hunt! Im Undecided on Which Brand Rifle Too Purchase and Up In The Air On Which Caliber!
I Want A Flat Shooting Cartridge With Good Knock Down Out Too 500 yds.
I Got About $1,000 bucks too spend on one want something nice and accurate!
Let me know what you have and what u think mite be a good cartridge/gun for me!
Also any Links On Ballistics Would Be benefical too!
Thanks in advance IOWAWHITETAILS
Old 10-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would suggest you do a search of the forum. This question's been asked and answered here so often that I've lost count of the times I've seen it.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

500 yds??? I thought you wanted to hunt?
Old 10-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

$1k rig, 1caliber for "most all of it" out to 500ish yds...

Weatherby Vanguard, 300WbyMag, Leupold vx2 4x12x40.

Simple & effective!
HL
Old 10-15-2012, 03:04 AM
Fork Horn

HatchieLuvr
Thanks for answering the question!!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Spike

yea IOWAWHITETAIL theres not to many guys on this site that like answering our questions...just like to heckle us. Maybe its cause were from Iowa and have the biggest deer in the nation. I dont know.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bkautz
yea IOWAWHITETAIL theres not to many guys on this site that like answering our questions...just like to heckle us. Maybe its cause were from Iowa and have the biggest deer in the nation. I dont know.
Whoa!!!! I don't think that's the case at all. It's obvious from the question that the person who asked the question does not have a lot of hunting experience just by the question that he asked. nothing wrong with that, except that only the "MOST" experienced shooter/hunter would be thinking of buying a gun and shooting it to 500 yards - come-on be honest.
One answere gave the gun, and the other was a legitimate response to "500 Yards".
Does he own any guns to hunt with? Ifnot he really needs more help than a gun.
Please forgive me if it sounds like I'm picking on someone, but "read the question?"
Old 10-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bkautz
How's your elk?
Old 10-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

Any good quality 30-06,.270 will suffice for elk to 500yds and beyond!!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

First off....I Did A Search and it Didnt Answer My Question....Im Looking For A Good Caliber Thats Good Too 500! And Yes Muley Too Poke Something At 300 - 500 yds with complete accuracy and confidence is Hunting Too me
Second
Old Bob....Experience...own any Guns....500 yds!!!! Come Too Ia Someday and Let me school yah! I Feel Like Its A Legitimate Question...I Dont hunt Big Game Hunt Never Have, Iowa Is a NoN Rifle State...The Closest I Have Is a .50 cal CVA accura. That Being Said and I dont know where u come off Old Bob...talking about exp....guns...What the #$%& is their too hunt in florida Crocadile!!! U Cant Even answer my question much less respond!
And MULEY Your just some internet poser that hangs on this site and thinks hes god....prolly never hit the back country in your life....Thats all i got too say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.