Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

2012 Deer

Old 10-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default 2012 Deer

This is my son's first year big game hunting. He had a few opportunities but has had to learn to deal with buck fever. He didn't quite put it together on a really nice 4 point in the morning, but got this little "unicorn" buck that evening.

One of his other interests (#30 Red)

For dad: I saw a couple substantially bigger, but no shot opportunities. Time to be thinking about elk, so was glad to take this buck. Some nice eating there.

Sage, aspen and pine at 8500 ft.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Should be a good eating deer!and anyones first is a great accomplishment and trophy.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

awesome and congrats the first one is always the best one..
Old 10-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah, everyone needs to be with a kid when they get their first deer, duck, squirrel, elk, etc... Its a good reminder of what it is really about and how much we need to appreciate the animals we get, regardless of size. The buck I shot this year isn't the biggest I've killed, but I was excited to see him, glad for the shot and got a good adrenaline rush when he went down. We got 132 lbs of lean, trimmed, boneless meat from those two deer. Time for the elk and antelope now...
Old 10-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats to your son on his first buck! I know what you mean about being with your son when he got his first one. I took my son when he shot his first one a couple of years ago. It was a spike but one that made us both proud and great eating it was!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Spike

Hey there. Congrats to you both. I wish your son good luck and I feel that he will be a future great hunter (:
I've been hunting in Virginia and now we plan to propagate a little around

Cheers,
David

Last edited by jfpobum; 10-10-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Spike

Congats to both