Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Gila N.M Elk....Finally!!

Old 07-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Gila N.M Elk....Finally!!

After 6 years of applying, I finally drew a Elk tag for Unit 16c
My brother lives and is a guide there, so I am jacked up to say the least!!!

I will document my hunt and share once I return.

Last edited by solocamcan; 07-19-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Spike

Congratulations! I was also fortunate enough to draw out for 16C and am looking forward to the hunt. What areas will you be looking into? I have been down there a few times scouting now and things seem to be looking positive. Just can't wait to get away from work!
Best of luck! Let me know if you want to chat.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

CONGRATS!!! I muzzleload hunted area 15 in 1998 with Mick Chapel (Guide was Michael Delao) and enjoyed EVERY single minute of it. If I recall correctly we were roughly a little bit east of Spur Lake the morning I got my bull. My lucky azz step-brother drew, I didn't so I had to forkover another $2k for a landowner tag. I understand now those same tags are appx double that. BUT it was worth it, he killed a 270"ish 6x6 and I gotta 368" 6x6!

Mick had several gun hunters in the area as well and I think they were down in the "16s" and one of them had a 400" bull with a hole in it but they were still out the last afternoon we were there and I never heard the final results. Sure an AWESOME area for bulls outside of the indian lands just across the border in AZ!

Good luck and don't shoot the first decent bull that comes along!
HL
Old 08-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats brother....goodluck also!