Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming Unit 7 Elk

Old 07-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by joshwit
Got a tag in Unit 7 for elk that is the good news.

Here is the bad news:
I had earlier set up a tresspass fee hunt if I drew the tag with Turtle Rock Ranch outside of Glenrock. I called them up after I drew and confirmed the dates and the rate with them, and had it all set up.

3 days later I got a call from them and they wanted to raise the rate 10 times what we had agreed upon. I told them that we had agreed on a rate, and I had requested vacation for the time we had agreed upon, but 10X the rate I could not do it, so they cancelled our hunt.

Pretty bad experience with them. Make sure you steer clear if you hunt this unit.

Also I am new to Wyoming and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this unit. I know it has big bulls, but lots of private land.
I have been in that unit before, there are access roads in there recommend that you get some BLM maps and research it you can get in there, lots of elk seen when I was there last year, but deer are scarce. If you come in from wheatland resevoir you should be good to go.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Spike

I have hunted with Mark and Angela Grant of Turtle Rock Ranch and find them to be a honest hard working ranch family. I have always paid the the price quoted and listed on their website. Mark will bust his rear end off guiding you. There is a difference between a trespass fee and a guided elk hunt. Their website list the non resident trespass fee as $100.00. The guided bull elk hunt is $1,000.00 and cow elk hunt is $600.00. Yes, the guided bull elk hunt is ten fold a non resident trespass fee. I also know that they are one of the more affordable guided elk hunts in the area. I have hunted elk on my own for over 35 years and have several nice wall hangers. But, at 65 I like what Turtle Rock gives me, an affordable hunt on great ranch than has the animals.

I leave tomorrow for an antelope and elk hunt at the Turtle Rock Ranch with no reservations about the cost. They have always been honest.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Moses Lake Larry
I have hunted with Mark and Angela Grant of Turtle Rock Ranch and find them to be a honest hard working ranch family. I have always paid the the price quoted and listed on their website. Mark will bust his rear end off guiding you. There is a difference between a trespass fee and a guided elk hunt. Their website list the non resident trespass fee as $100.00. The guided bull elk hunt is $1,000.00 and cow elk hunt is $600.00. Yes, the guided bull elk hunt is ten fold a non resident trespass fee. I also know that they are one of the more affordable guided elk hunts in the area. I have hunted elk on my own for over 35 years and have several nice wall hangers. But, at 65 I like what Turtle Rock gives me, an affordable hunt on great ranch than has the animals.

I leave tomorrow for an antelope and elk hunt at the Turtle Rock Ranch with no reservations about the cost. They have always been honest.
Any luck on turtle ranch for elk, thinking about giving them a call. Haven't been out much yet but according to douglas warden more elk where killed on opening day this year than of all season last year.