Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Ted Nugent

Old 04-25-2012, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Well of coursehe did, he wants everyone to see hoe repentant he is..........if he wasn't people would stop watching his TV shows and he'd lose money.
Peolpe would stop going to his canned hunts and he's lose money! It's all about the money with him, now he's had his butt spanked a couple of times maybe he'll wise up, but I doubt it!
Just because He fessed up is not a indicator of future performance.......this guys supposed to be a PROFESSINAL hunter he should be above question the most ethical one out there! Whether any of us others have broken the law is not the point, he should have done his home work better before going on that hunt and his friends most suredly knew the rules..........again ignorance of the law is no excuse.
I think that there just might be a pattern here and a penchant for bending the rules...he we'll just film it and then plead ignorance, otherwise why would we have filmed it???
Old 04-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Spike

Just because He fessed up is not a indicator of future performance.......this guys supposed to be a PROFESSINAL hunter he should be above question the most ethical one out there!
+1. I think as a professional, you need to be doing it better and cleaner than the next guy. As a pro, you have far less room for error. That means actually reading the regs - regardless how long or confusing they may seem - and asking questions if something is unclear. In the California incident, would it have been too difficult to find out that no baiting was allowed? That's hardly an obscure rule.

As far as doing the right thing and pleading guilty, I think the only reason he did so is because this is another strike for him and he knows it. After the fiasco in CA, where he was revoked for big game hunting, he knows he's using up his 9 lives. For example, when he got caught in CA, he essentially said the same thing: "I would never knowingly violate any wildlife laws...I embrace the hunting lifestyle" But if memory serves, he didn't actually admit guilt, though, pleading 'No Contest' instead.

I think he's only pleading guilty this time because he's trying to be conciliatory - not because he's showing any remorse. As for paying the fine, I seriously doubt there are any wildlife fine in existence that's going to put much of a crimp in this guys' finances.

To me, Ted is more interested in "embracing" whatever's best for Ted - not what's best for the "lifestyle," the sport, conservation, or other hunters.

Just my opinion

Last edited by macman99; 04-25-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

AK Jeff---I wouldn't have expected anything less from the guy! People can bad mouth him all they want and he's way to brash for my liking, but when all is said and done, I'd still rather have him on my side of the hunting and shooting sports than have to deal with him as an anti!!! Case closed as far as I'm concerned!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
AK Jeff---I wouldn't have expected anything less from the guy! People can bad mouth him all they want and he's way to brash for my liking, but when all is said and done, I'd still rather have him on my side of the hunting and shooting sports than have to deal with him as an anti!!! Case closed as far as I'm concerned!
Wouldn't it be better if he wasn't either one?
Old 04-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

If we spent more time & efforts supporting each other against the anti's; we'd be a lot further along.

Let Ted be Ted, and each of us can make our own decisions that is best for each of us !
Old 04-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Sheridan
If we spent more time & efforts supporting each other against the anti's; we'd be a lot further along.

Let Ted be Ted, and each of us can make our own decisions that is best for each of us !
Ted is on national TV. We aren't. It's a bit different.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan

The anti's are what they are. They are going to feel just the same no matter what we do or who speaks for us. The people to be concerned about are the huge middle ground of folks out there that do not hunt but yet are not Greenpeace or PETA members either. Why should they concern you? Because they out number us hunters and the anti's combined. And despite not hunting themselves they vote on issues and for politicians that will affect your ability to hunt in this country. I have talked to many of them over the years and have yet to find one that liked Ted Nugent. Not everyone in the hunting community likes Ted and the only people who do like Ted are people who are already firmly in our camp to start with. In other words he draws "NO ONE" to our side that wasn't already there and actively drives the middle ground folks away.

That is why I take every opportunity to tell people that Ted is not my chosen leader or advocate. I have never voted for the man to be anything for me. And I wish that hunting and firearms related organizations would stop giving him honorary positions just because he has a little celebrity status from being in a decent rock band 3 or 4 decades ago.

He acts like a classless redneck goober. Every time I have ever paused for a moment on his show he was shooting some semi-domesticated animal in a pen at the Y&O ranch. He runs a canned hunt operation himself. He is establishing a pattern of violating game laws. Yes, he has only been written up twice but I have heard descriptions of other instances where he should have been and simply was allowed to slide . Probably because of his celebrity status. He's a draft dodger. He has had sex with a very underage girl. A deadbeat dad that refused to pay child support. Ever read one of his books and made note of some of the unethical behavior mentioned in them? Claims of shooting at Bison hundreds of yards away with a 9mm pistol just to list one.

I could go on and on. You guys like who you want, but in my opinion you have to drop your standards pretty low to idolize this guy.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Spike

Wow, you guys are pretty harsh on the Motorcity Madman. I'll stick with Colorado Cajun and NorthWoods. I'd rather have him on my side then the other side. The NRA must think he's a good spokesman or he wouldn't be on their board.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Muley,

I think you missed my point; I don't care one way or another about Ted.

His actions have no reflection on me (nor do any of anyone elses decisions).

I live my life by my own moral compass (I don't make the laws, I do try to live by them though) !

"If we spent more time & efforts supporting each other against the anti's; we'd be a lot further along."

"..........idolize this guy." Todd

What ???
Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Spike

Default my thoughts . . .

Hunters,

I have been following this thread and it has caused me to think alot about Ted and his show.

I record and watch Ted weekly.

And what I have to say is not about his convictions or politics, rather about his show and his methods.

Let's compare Ted to several other hunting shows, OK?

Let's say . . . oh, Tred Barta.

I used to watch Tred and be entertained by his skills as a hunter . . . and many times he came away empty-handed, but I was not (as a viewer).

Ted's show, more often than not, is about killing.

Seems the major percentage of his episodes are comprised of him in a blind over bait killing incoming game.

I am personally much more entertained by watching a hunter "hunt" his game than I am watching a hunter keep watch over a pile of bait.

Now, please do not get me wrong.

In a New York minute I would be sitting on a black bear bait if I had the opportunity and money.

But in a New York second I'd be spotting and stalking on foot along an Alaskan coastline like I have watched Tred do.

I ain't puttin' Ted down.

But his show doesn't have the sense of hunting that other shows have, most of the time.

Even Ted has been known to say if fishing with bait and baiting game where it is allowed are both legal, where is the immorality?

But as I said, my topic is not about his morals, convictions, or politics.

Nonetheless, I still and will watch him every week.

Ever thought about it?

Rmocarsky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.