Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado Speed Goat

Old 10-04-2011, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Colorado Speed Goat

Spent the weekend with my boys up north of Craig antelope hunting. I had a buck tag, both of my boys had doe tags. I shot my buck about 8am opening morning. Not a record breaker, but a decent buck in my book. I had the shortest shot of the day at 100 yards. Next up was my youngest (13 y/o) he shot his doe at about 200 yards a few hours later. Last up my 16 y/o put a 320 yard shot on a doe about a hour before dark. 3 goats in a day, that is a good day in my books.

We also saw alot of great things that day. The bucks were running does like crazy. We watched a few different times for 15-20 minutes different bucks chashing does. We watch one buck mount a doe, that was a first for me. The boys really got a laugh out of that.

The freezer is looking good right now. One deer, 3 antelope and we still have elk season 2 weeks away
Attached Thumbnails Colorado Speed Goat-dads-goat-2.jpg   Colorado Speed Goat-josh-goat.jpg  
Old 10-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Spike

Good job. Great way to start your kids out.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

nice goat, i helped build a substation near craig, beautiful country.