Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
December MuzzleLoader Hunts??? >

December MuzzleLoader Hunts???

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

December MuzzleLoader Hunts???

Old 09-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default December MuzzleLoader Hunts???

Looking too Hunt Elk...Mule Deer...whitetail...etc...any big game!!!
Problem is i can only go in december/ january.....Doesnt matter the state....been doing alot of seaching just cant put nothing together....let me know whats out there as far as a late season ML hunt has too offer... thanks
Old 09-30-2011, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nebraska has a December ML hunt the entire month. Tags are over the counter (deer) and fairly inexpensive compared to other states.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Hey thanks....is that mule....whitetail....or both???!!! Also doesn't have too be ML can be rifle also......a buddy of mine went out by u this weekend antelope hunting and shot one this morning....he thought it was too easy!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing that late in Colorado except for private property. That tag goes from Sept 1st to Jan 31st.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by IOWAWHITETAILS View Post
Hey thanks....is that mule....whitetail....or both???!!! Also doesn't have too be ML can be rifle also......a buddy of mine went out by u this weekend antelope hunting and shot one this morning....he thought it was too easy!!!

It can be either Mule or Whitetail.

It is very easy, not a challenge at all. There are soo many of them. If you don't like the ones you are seeing drive over the next hill and look at the ones over there. I had 13 bucks bedded down in my back yard 3 weeks ago. Now they are all splitting up and chasing each other. I suppose with all the hunters out there it makes it a little more of a challenge since they have such great sight. I seen some more guys hanging Antelope in 93 temps all day. Can't imagine what they taste like after that.