Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bear hunting in Arkansas

Old 09-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Spike

Default Bear hunting in Arkansas

i need all the information anyone can give me about bear hunting in Arkansas i know the season starts oct 1 st for their unit 1 im planning on hunting the Ozark Nat Forest any information at all will be helpful
Old 09-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Since it's not legal to bait or use scent on the NF, it won't be an easy hunt. Most of the ones I've heard of killed were by deer hunters on ridge tops this time of year. I would call a Game and Fish biologist and ask for advice. Be sure and call each night to make sure the quota has not been reached. Some areas still have a lot of downed timber from the 2009 ice storm, which won't help visibility.

I read an article 20 or so years ago written by a fellow who said he still-hunted ridge tops and listened for bears turning rocks and logs over.