Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
help, drew antilope tag unit 18 >

help, drew antilope tag unit 18

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

help, drew antilope tag unit 18

Old 07-02-2011, 04:10 AM
Spike

Default help, drew antilope tag unit 18

hi, first antilope hunt,i have a map of national grasslands, big area, any info would be helpful, more antilope north, south, east or west, good area or place to camp, better to go first week or second week? good horn size for area, good place to process and going rate, should you turn in head there for mount? i'm going to be out there for a while as i drew a deer tag as well, are there freezers locker for rent so i could leave meat and come back later and pick it up? first hunt out west, prtetty intimidating, thanks in advance
Old 07-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

what state? WY? NM?
Old 07-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Spike

wyoming, didn't think of new mexico
Old 07-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't be intimidated, I know what you're feeling though, WY Antelope is about as easy or least intimidating as it gets and is probably the best way to do a 1st DIY hunt out west.

I'd have to checkout a WY map, I assume that's more eastern WY and more private land, those areas tend to be easier to gain access to for private land as there is more of it from what I hear, or more trespass fees available.

Be ready to shoot 200-300yds, if you can do that you should be able to take an antelope. and closer shots of 100-150 are very possible.

most butchers will hold your meat, at least if you're paying them to cut it up for you, although for a fee they'll store it I'd think.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:15 AM
Spike

thanks saluk its in the northeast corner of wyoming with a smaller part of the national grassland in it, a long way from michigan
Old 07-06-2011, 05:49 AM
Spike

As far I know Classic Antelope Hunting is the most complete source of pronghorn hunting destinations. Dedicated to guides, outfitters, and lodges for pronghorn antelope.
Unlocked Phones

Last edited by Alvasin; 07-09-2011 at 07:54 AM.