Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Bit by a bear yesterday. Talk about a adrenaline rush!!! >

Bit by a bear yesterday. Talk about a adrenaline rush!!!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Bit by a bear yesterday. Talk about a adrenaline rush!!!

Old 06-26-2011, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bit by a bear yesterday. Talk about a adrenaline rush!!!

Yesterday we went out, struck a bear pretty early. Turned out the hounds, after a bit they showed treed so I went on in to the tree. I got about 15 yards from the dogs, it was really thick and brushy so I could not see the dogs but could hear them. As I was climbing up a steep bank a bear busted out of the brush, slamed into me knocking me down and bit me on the leg, luckily my dogs was on him quick so he ran. I got up got my camera out and ran after the dogs and got some pictures of him on the road and some after he treed. He treed about 75 yards from where he attacked me. What a day!!! Got some stories to share with the guys at work monday! Here are some pictures, I didnt get a very good one of the bite was more worried about getting it cleaned and bandaged, they are some deep puncture wounds. I will get some better pictures tomorrow when I change the bandages.

Here is the bite.

Here are some pictures of the bear after he charged me and the dogs chased him up on the road.

Here is one after he treed.

Here are my dogs treeing him.

What a exciteting day yesterday was!! It is only training season for hounds so we let him go.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Wow great pictures. Nice looking dogs ya got there. Glad you are OK. Better get a tetnus shot and see a doc. Might develop an infection.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 06-26-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:10 AM
Spike

That is wild man! Glad you are ok. You just joined an elite group of outdoorsmen who can say they survived a bear attack! HAHA!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Spike

Nice story. Glad your ok. Be careful out there.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great story & pictures.

Glad your okay !

Adenaline rush is right !!!

They don't call them, man's best friend for nothin.

Last edited by Sheridan; 06-26-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fritz, glad you're okay!! You might have a bit of a gold mine there. You survived a bear attack with pictures to prove it. Someone will pay for that story.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Glad you're ok Fritz! Great story and pics. Be sure to keep those wounds clean.
-Jake
Old 06-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys! I am feeling very luck today, despite being sore and stiff. I always liked and treated my hounds very well, they saved my a$$, I have no doubt in my mind if they wouldnt have been so quick to get on the bear I would have suffered way worst injuries. Today I spoiled the dogs, it was the least I could do, I bought them all a steak and gave them the day off, after all they probably saved my life. I have hunted bears and killed more than I can recall, this gave me a whole new respect for a black bear. Next time I go into a tree you will be assured I will pay more atention and be more cautious. I had my 44 mag Super Backhawk but wasnt expecting that, I have been in on hundreds of bear trees and never had this happen. It happened so quick, I couldnt get the gun out of the holster much less get a shot.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Spike

even if it was trainin season i still woulda shot it if it attacked me self defence
Old 06-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Spike

Wow...that's exciting. Cool pictures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.