Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
What was your best season? >

What was your best season?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What was your best season?

Old 04-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Spike

I'd have to say two years: 1983 and 2010. The reasons: First year my dad took me hunting with him, and the first year that I was able to take my son hunting and my dad in the same year. The only season that will be better is if my dad, my son, and hopefully someday my grandson or granddaughter and I can all go out together.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Spike

Last year for sure; its a tradition for my Father and I to go every year. Last year was probably one of the best years shared together. I think I learned more about my dad during those couple days than I have the last 28 years of my life. The hunting wasn't bad either.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:56 AM
Spike

2006 was my best year. i was a junior in college. spring i started off with a great big gobbler, 24# 11" beard. two weeks later i got an alligator in Florida.

that fall, i got a 300# wild hog 4 whitetail does, 1 WT buck. more rabbit and squirrel than a man can count, pheasant, chukar, and had the best trapline ever that year.

the secret to my success: i was SINGLE!
Old 05-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Spike

mine was 2010. the first year my youngest son went deer hunting. we bow hunted the early season a few times, seen some deer but no shots. We went out firearms season and both got a buck. Nothing big but it's a trophy. he dropped a nice 6 pointer in his tracks. He was truly excited and so was I. He's hooked now, can't wait till this fall.
Attached Thumbnails What was your best season?-harley-s-first-deer-2-.jpg  
Old 05-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not my best but ranks right up there with it. I brought down 36 unsuspecting animals the year before.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...idding-me.html
Old 05-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Scott you story is awesome & it is such a blessing you got to share the time you did with your father out in the woods. & there is nothing better than watching the little ones get there first animal!

-South