Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I smell smoke

Old 07-31-2003, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I smell smoke

Trapper, keep your fingers crossed, it was only 4 years ago and bow season was cancelled. Kinda makes since I guess, the less people in the bush, less the potential. We need rain and lower temps, NOW!!!!!! [>:]

Tim, winters up here have also been on the mild side in the past 5 yrs, -40 F was not uncommon, but since then its gotten to maybe -15 below with not much snow pack. But can' t get a false sense of security and got to expect the unexpected if mother nature gets peod. Just be ready for what it dishes out. Bobby
Old 07-31-2003, 09:58 PM

121553, thanks for the heads up, here in WA i know of 3 seprate times they have cancelled Bow season and setb ack Rifle. Fingers are crossed, really looking forward to hunting them Big' uns in the Rut. Besides once August hits I' m ready for the rain to fall and the leaves to change. I' ve had enough of Summer! Bring on rain,snow and HUNTING season
Old 08-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

I hear they have had a record high temperature recorded at Heathrow Airport London) I think 37.8 degrees.
Are you guys experiencing these high temperatures in the states?
Our warm winter continues.
The ski season feels like it' s ended, when it should be at peak. Unreal.
Snowing today but nothing serious.
Spring hunting will be intertesting if this continues.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:43 PM

Here the temps are pretty much normal with a few record days, but it came a little early for us plus the drought like conditions. But we get a few droughts here from time to time. The Global warming thing is a scare tactic and isn' t caused by humans as much as they lead you to belive. It' s called nature and we' re moving farther and farther away from the last Ice Age. As far as " El Nino" . That' s been occuring for years it' s just in the last 10-15 years they had to put a name on it to sensationalize it to sell as news[:@]
Old 08-12-2003, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Global warming is, I believe, a lot of BS. From what I have read the people pushing this don' t know squat about weather. Suposedly, none of the 1000 plus " Scientists" that signed on to the letter pushing for the Kyoto accord, had any background in anything remotely related to weather.
We here in the Southeastern U.S. have had the coolest and wetest year in over 5 seasons. The temps have been running 5-10 degrees below normal and the rainfall is being measured in feet over the past 12 months. This is a welcome relief from the drought conditions we experienced for those 5 years just before. Both extremes have their down sides and their up sides and I doubt there will ever be anything we can do about it except complain.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hot& dry here over 100 today[X(]

Feets of Rain?!! just a lill(10 inchs) of that would be a yrs supply& more.

Do have some dry lighing coming in , all that does is....

smells like when we use to burn leaves in the fall.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:04 PM

Suposedly, none of the 1000 plus " Scientists" that signed on to the letter pushing for the Kyoto accord, had any background in anything remotely related to weather.
Ya I read somewhere that like a number of those who signed were shrinks and they even had a couple of (I don' t know the spelling) gynecologist(women Dr.)
But if I rembeer right ther were a couple hundred non related scientist and there weren' t any meterologist at all.[:@]
Old 08-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe the OB/gyn Dr. is to check mother nature?
Id like to see them stop mother from warming up OR cooling down like she has done many many times in the past .
Old 08-13-2003, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

1eyed, don' t get mother nature pe-od.
We had a drizzle of rain come through here last week that produced some dry thunder storms in the area and in doing so, started some more fires up. Conditions are cooler in the evenings and raiseing again through the day to the 90' s f. Conditions are smokey/hazey with 16 active major fires alone here in NW Montana and another 16 in Idaho. I am not too sure of the fires around the B.C. / Alberta border, but I know that the Crows pass going to Lethbrigde was being threatened last week.
Bow season opens in just over two weeks and will be intresting to see if it opens with Stage 111 fire restriction will go into effect if condtions don' t change soon.
I wish some of you folks back east would send us some of that wet stuff. [:@]
Old 08-13-2003, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah the Kyoto protocol does sound dodgey.
The latest down here is that farmers will have to pay " Flatulence Tax" because their cows farting is causing harmful emissions.
What next????

Quick Reply: I smell smoke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.