Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
What's the best big game hunting broadhead? >

What's the best big game hunting broadhead?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What's the best big game hunting broadhead?

Old 01-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Spike

Default What's the best big game hunting broadhead?

I've got a 60 lbs compound bow what can I hunt with that bow and what are the best broadheads for deer and other big game thanks
Old 01-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Spike

Idon't know the best,but i have always used thunderheads.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

Any good quality fixed blade broadhead that flies good out of your Bow.. Myself I use Rage two blades, but they're not for everyone.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sonic, amazing penetration, excellent flight.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been using 100gr. 4 bladed Muzzys for years, very satisfied with there performace on deer, elk, and bear. Never had the need to look at any other broadhead, 20 years of satisfaction for me. That question however is like asking what is the best beer made, you are going to get many different answers, all based on peoples personal preference.

Last edited by fritz1; 01-11-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like Muzzys. My second choice would be Muzzys. If I ran out of Muzzys, I'd try to borrow some Muzzys from a friend.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
I like Muzzys. My second choice would be Muzzys. If I ran out of Muzzys, I'd try to borrow some Muzzys from a friend.
I'm looking at Muzzys. Do you find 3 or 4 blades most effective and fly truest?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't say what's the best but I like Rage for expandables and Muzzy's or G5's for fixed. You can hunt any north American animal with a 60lb bow.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Spike

i like rage 2 blade for the fact they fly like a field point no tuning involved have killed 3 elk with them at 62lbs draw weight. muzzys are great used them for years but i cant get as good of consistency as with rage u have to make sure they are aligned with veins in my experince. but they are a great broadhead.
Originally Posted by michael peterson
I've got a 60 lbs compound bow what can I hunt with that bow and what are the best broadheads for deer and other big game thanks
Old 02-02-2011, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

Don't know how new you are to archery or just new to hunting with sticknstring, but I would suggest not using cut on contact for first try. These seem to be a little more finicky to tune. Thunderhead or muzzy would be good to start out with. I think they may be a little more forgiving. I had good results with thunderheads for several years. I have recently switched to Rages, but for begginer messing with the expandables during hunting might be a little more than you want right now. The archery forum might be a little better place to get more an snswers. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.