Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Yellowstone is Dead

Old 02-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by moremules
Did I say that wolves don't come across the border FB? I said wolves were released in both OR and WA, in 09 WDFW were caught redhanded releasing wolves, and that wasn't the only time. Same with OR. As far as the wolves in the Colockum, or anywhere else, not to many people go around bragging about the wolves they have shot.
WEll Ya just kinda glossed over that little fact, that most wolves in Okanogan most likely came over the border, and said the reason wolves were in the Okanogan was because the gumment put them there....and R U saying that the gumment was releasing them there in 2009??? Where were these release sites??
And further more U pretty much know nothing of the likes of the rednecked peckerwood hillbilly poachers we have around here, give'm a coors lite and a shot of rutgut and they pretty much tell ya they lifes story!!!! they like to brag and show off their (trophies) they don't kill for the meat ...they kill for the sake of killin to get a set of horns!!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by finnbear
And further more U pretty much know nothing of the likes of the rednecked peckerwood hillbilly poachers we have around here, give'm a coors lite and a shot of rutgut and they pretty much tell ya they lifes story!!!! they like to brag and show off their (trophies) they don't kill for the meat ...they kill for the sake of killin to get a set of horns!!!!
If you doubt what finnbear says, just go hang out in Ferry County, WA for a little while.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

And make sure ya armed!!!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Spike

FB>WEll Ya just kinda glossed over that little fact, that most wolves in Okanogan most likely came over the border, and said the reason wolves were in the Okanogan was because the gumment put them there....and R U saying that the gumment was releasing them there in 2009??? Where were these release sites??<

I don't have time to bicker back and forth with you over WDFW releasing wolves in WA. I will say this, in the spring of 09 WDFW released wolves in the Methow Valley. That is a known fact to many of the locals, pictures don't lie.

I will agree that you know more about your peckerwood hillbillies than I care to learn. So one out of two you were right about.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Where in the Methow?? where R these pic's are they on the web??? But U said they put them in the Okanogan now ya sayin it was the Methow!! I know they kinda close together, but DUDE stick to the same story for pizz sakes!!!!!
I'm not disputin the facts that the gummemt has released wolves I'm havin a really hard time wrappin my head around all yer accusation of some nefarious conspiracy!!!! And again I will tell U that there are no wolves in the clockum...but if U insist on them being there, why don't ya come on over and we drive up there and have a look see, take about ten minutes to get there.......I would assume that they would all be around the feedin station, since that's where the elk are.............I would also assume that since they (the wolves ) are in the clockum they would also be over on the other side of the valley eatin all them elk at the other feedin station also ....RIGHT???????
I really think that U need a new tinfoil hat...the one U have seems to be worn out!!!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

I took this of a Washington state hunting Forum and this was well said so I thought I would share.

==================================================

I wonder if anyone has proof or photos of bass being planted in Chopaka lake. This has nothing to do with the WDFW. It has all to do with a special interest group that wants bass to be in that lake. Is it so far fetched to believe that a group with far reaching tenticles and deep pockets couldn't help the wolf re-population along.

At this point it doesn't matter how they got there. I think we should all be concerned that THEY ARE HERE. I don't need evidence to prove to me where they are at. I really don't need to prove it to anyone. One of these days you all are going to wake up and go, where'd my hunting rights go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqxS2jTRVqk

Last edited by justhuntitall; 02-04-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Does anybody else remember when the wolf reintroduction talks were going on in the early 90's? I do, because I was an impressionable young lad at the time and I thought all of the "science" behind the argument was valid. All of the self-proclaimed wolf experts said over and over again that the wolves wouldn't affect the fleet-footed elk herds, and instead they would rather feed on all of those slow bison lumbering along in the valleys. At the time it was the bison that were the problem because their population exceeded the winter carrying capacity of Yellowstone and when they wandered into Montana they run the risk of trasmitting brucellosis to the cattle herds that are the lifeblood of Montana's agricultural economy. Wolves were the best way to solve the bison problem, according to all the ecological experts, and I'll admit I believed them at the time. Here's an article from today's Billings Gazette that shows how well that worked:

http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...cc4c002e0.html

Wolves have done nothing whatsoever to control the bison herds, which are now as big a problem as they ever were. The Northern Yellowstone Elk Herd has crashed from 16,791 in 1995 to just 4,635 this year ( http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...389e99212.html ). In short all of the experts, including Ed Bangs himself, had absolutely no idea what would happen, and the end result is a far bigger problem than it ever was before 1995.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not shy about letting people know how I feel! This sticker on the back of my Jeep pretty much sums it up.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Loose lips sink ships
Old 02-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
Loose lips sink ships
Its not illeagle to express your opinion, that is one of the great things about living in America. Just about everyone up here, where I live has the same sticker. Do i care if anyone is offened by it?? NOT AT ALL!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.