Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Best 300 win mag Bullet for Grizz >

Best 300 win mag Bullet for Grizz

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Best 300 win mag Bullet for Grizz

Old 11-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Spike

Well i know the federal (OTC) 180 gr. for a .30-06 will flatten a griz... or multiple griz for that matter... It is the shot placement. i dont reload yet, and so all of my ammo is OTC and i have piled up quite a few bears (both griz and blacks) with the standard 180 gr. If you are a little worried go ahead a step up to the 200 gr or even a 220, but just put the shot where it counts and you wont have any trouble!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

200 gr Partition.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Spike

I've gotta say, I'm surprised at your caliber of choice. There's another thread on here that talks about the ultimate Grizzly Bear caliber and some of the selections are .458 Lott, .375 H&H, 45-70 and so on. I'm glad to see you haven't succumbed to the 'bigger is better' theory.
My thoughts on the subject of your question is, if you can hit what you're aiming at and can place your bullet well your current choice (the 180-Grain Berger Bullet) should work perfectly! There isn't much in the way of wildlife in the lower 48 that your rifle won't take care of with minimal difficulty! Keep up the good work and keep practicing, you'll do just fine!
Old 11-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I agree. The caliber has to be one that you are comfortable shooting and can shoot accurate. I've read up on the Berger bullet
it obviously dies kill. If your confident using that bullet in this caliber
use it.To be comfortable in what your hunting you need to believe in what your using. Confidence definately does matter.
Hope you kill one.Can't wait to see pics.