Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Looking For A Mountain Lion Outfitter >

Looking For A Mountain Lion Outfitter

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Looking For A Mountain Lion Outfitter

Old 11-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Spike

Default Looking For A Mountain Lion Outfitter

Hello folks, I am new to this site. I thought this would be a good place to get some information. I am looking for a good Mt. Lion outfitter. Who would you folks go hunt with if you were going to hunt Mt. Lions. I need some help with this. Please let me know what you think. And once again thanks for the help. Take Care
Old 11-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

There can be some variables involved here.

What state do you want to hunt? Do you want to hunt dry ground on horseback? In the snow on sleds?

Either way, lion hunting generally invloves lots of walking, and certain areas will be harder than others. What kind of shape are you in? Expect this to be as hard or harder than a sheep hunt, as one must remember that once the dogs are loose, you go until you catch them. There is no "putting the [animal] to bed and come back in the morning. You may start hiking at 9 am, and won't get back to the truck until midnight or later.

Some words of advise if hunting in the snow. Know how to make a fire in all conditions. Have a sturdy pack that can handle up to 30 lbs or so of gear, extra food, clothes and survival items. Dress with wool/syntethics, as cotton gets wet, heavy, and is a pain to dry out. Be in the best possible shape you can be in, because guides will get quite irritated when their dogs' lives are on the line, especially in a bad spot where they can't get the 4 wheelers, sleds or horses right to.

Anyway, give some more information, or you can pm me and I can give you some people I know in NV.

Later,

Marcial
Old 11-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Check out Darl Allred at sawtooth outfitters in Idaho