Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
question for ground blind hunters >

question for ground blind hunters

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

question for ground blind hunters

Old 10-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default question for ground blind hunters

What do you do and/or how do you clear the area that you set the ground blind up?

Do you just make some noise setting up and clear leaves with your boot and a hands?

I'm thinking about looking for a small rake to take with me,... any ideas appreciated.

I hunt public ground, and would love to take a grass trimmer to get to bare dirt, but I don't think the warden would like my idea.

I just feel like whenever I move, I make enough noise for the deer in the next county to hear me.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Well I would leave the rakes/weed whackers at home. The trick to ground blinds is to set them up in advance and let everything settle down. If you want to hunt a watering hole tomorrow, then set it up this afternoon. Get the blind early, well before first light and be prepared to sit a while. You will make noise and spook game but after some time has passed they will calm down and go back to their routines.

The rule of thumb my dad always taught us was after you set up, take a nap and when you wake up things will be moving again.