Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
BEWARE OF SOME BOOKING AGENTS! >

BEWARE OF SOME BOOKING AGENTS!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

BEWARE OF SOME BOOKING AGENTS!

Old 01-01-2002, 10:48 AM

Default BEWARE OF SOME BOOKING AGENTS!

Have left notes on this guy before Dreamtrips of NH. (in most hunting rags) sent me on a hunt and the outfitter had already left the state. He kept my money and made a lot of promises. Check out the Agent as you would the outfitter... I lost everything!
Old 01-01-2002, 06:58 PM

Default RE: BEWARE OF SOME BOOKING AGENTS!

Sorry to hear they rooked you. Thanks for the heads up. And Welcome to the board.
Old 01-02-2002, 09:59 AM

Default RE: BEWARE OF SOME BOOKING AGENTS!

This guy needs hung up, let him rot a bit more as he is already rotten to the core, and stuffed in a bait barrel! Sorry to here this story. I advise any hunter booking with an agent contact the outfitter directly before money is exchanged. If the booking agent is hesitant to provide you with the outfitters name because he is concerned that he may lose his cut because the outfitter might cheat him out of the deal, then he doesn't trust the outfitter, why should you. I have a friend that is an outfitter in BC and lost 55k on 7 griz hunts because the booking agent bounce the check and never made good on it. I am working with two booking agents now to book hunts for me. They are extremely thorough and respectable, make them earn their money and ask the tough questions just as you do of your guide/outfitters. Jokers like this give a black eye to the entire sport, lifestyle and industry!

Edited by - Lost River on 01/02/2002 11:00:51