Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Montana Antelope Draw question >

Montana Antelope Draw question

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Montana Antelope Draw question

Old 06-30-2010, 05:14 AM
Spike

Default Montana Antelope Draw question

Does anyone know when the rifle antelope draw results will be posted for this year? I applied for region 700 and can't find a date on their website. Your help is appreciated.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

the moose, sheep, and goat have already happened.

I'm waiting for the special deer/elk draw, I thought I read it should be posted by July 9th, but not sure.

Just check your drawing status below...

http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/licensedra...ingStatus.html

I think the 700 antelope tag is usually close to 90-99% draw odds? I drew/hunted 700 once, didn't get a buck, but saw a couple nice ones, was later in the season though, and that year I think blue tongue hurt numbers, along with rough winters the year before etc...

Last edited by salukipv1; 06-30-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:32 AM
Spike

You can find the info here:

http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/licenses/a...deadlines.html
Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

geez I hope it's sooner than later, I have to wait til July 19th to know if I'm elk hunting? The archery season is in Sept. that's like less than 2 months from drawing to hunting! They need to implement those system changes next year! ie general/special draw have the same deadline/1 tag.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by salukipv1
geez I hope it's sooner than later, I have to wait til July 19th to know if I'm elk hunting? The archery season is in Sept. that's like less than 2 months from drawing to hunting! They need to implement those system changes next year! ie general/special draw have the same deadline/1 tag.
The reason they do this is that many of the special tags require you to first have a general non-resident big game combo tag. Even now that they have separated many of the special licenses off as stand-alone "B licenses", what you want to apply for may well depend on if you draw the big game combo.