Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

best broadhead for elk

Old 06-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Spike

muzzies, with same weight field tips
Old 06-04-2010, 03:25 AM
Spike

To me, it depends on yer preferences and yer setup.
If you shoot enough KE, then you can go to an expandable, if you either dont know what yer setup is capable of, or unsure of it's limitations, then stay with a fixed blade.
If I have to shoot a fixed blade, (some states require it), then I go with a Slick Trick. For all other animals, I use Rocket Mini Blaster (75 grain) or a RM Snyper (100 grain).
I have killed and witnessed elk killed with the Mini Blaster and it is devastating and amazing how fast it puts them down.
But, to accomplish this, you cant expect to just screw a head on and shoot it.
You need to know the limitations of yer set up ie; how heavy arrow, how many pounds is the bow set at, etc.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:55 AM
Typical Buck

Stay with the fixed blades on Elk. I have two I really like Muzzy's and Thunderheads. Chisel point is the Key to snapping ribs like a straw.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the 100gr Grim Reaper Razortips or the 100gr Atom's. Nothing but good things to say about both.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rage 100 grain works for me. It didn't go all the way through but did go through the heart and single lung. Only ran about 30 yards. That'll do.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-srIw3na0
Old 06-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

[QUOTE][Rage 100 grain works for me. It didn't go all the way through but did go through the heart and single lung. Only ran about 30 yards. That'll do. /QUOTE] Miss the heart and a one lung bull will go a long, LONG ways...just saying..
Old 06-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used Muzzy 100-grain, 3-blade broadheads to kill a few elk. I might give the G-5 broadhead a try this year, if they group well with my current set up?
Old 06-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

COC such as Magnus, Steelforce, etc or a fixed blade such as ST's, TH's, muzzy, etc. My bow is pretty much an other then deer weapon these days and as such I prefer not to rely on an opening system for my razors/cut. While I've been tempted to try the latest versions I fall back on the "if it ain't broke why fix it mentality". Having harvested antelope through moose with non-mech BH's...I figure it's a solid theory!!!