Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
is baiting deer legal in oregon? i cant find an answer! >

is baiting deer legal in oregon? i cant find an answer!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

is baiting deer legal in oregon? i cant find an answer!

Old 05-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Spike

Default is baiting deer legal in oregon? i cant find an answer!

is baiting mule or blacktail deer or even elk illegal in oregon? i cant find a definate answer of if baiting deer ie food plots, corn, carrots, apples etc is illegal in oregon. does anyone know? i know that any baiting of bear is illegal, but id just like to know the answer so i can be aware of all of my options availible to me come deer hunting season thanks in advance
Old 05-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

not even,many do but wouldnt wanna get caught
Old 05-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Fork Horn

I would look in the codes of oregon just not in the game laws ..because not all game laws are in the reg phamphlets that they put out!!!! If it's not specifically prohibited in there then a search of state codes is warrented...and don't ask an enforcement officer.. they be wrong half the time!!!! I would be supprised if it was illegal in oregon, as it is legal in WA. OR,WA. and ID. usually are pretty much on the same page as far as regs go...yes there are diffs, but not alot!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Spike

It is very very illegal here in oregon. A couple of hunters/poachers just made the news here after having been caught by the odfw using hidden camera's at their bait sites. Don't risk it. It is illegal to bait any game animal as I understand the reg's.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

A couple of hunters/poachers..........................
There is no such thing!!!! poachers are not hunters!!!!! poachers are POACHERS!!!!! don't U dare put them in same category as the rest of us!!!! the sooner we can distance ourselves from the scum the better!!!!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by cataraft
It is very very illegal here in oregon. A couple of hunters/poachers just made the news here after having been caught by the odfw using hidden camera's at their bait sites. Don't risk it. It is illegal to bait any game animal as I understand the reg's.
well i wasnt able to find an answer anywhere so i ended up emailing the ODFW office and i had two sepeerate emails sent back to me both saying that it was legal to bait deer and elk. it is known that baiting bear in oregon is illegal but the deputy administrator larry cooper and game program manager tom thornton assured me that it is within the law to bait deer and elk in oregon.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

U can bait deer and elk in washington also! it's just not widely known!! this is the trouble the regs that are pulished DO NOT specifilly prohibit it but the also DO NOT say it is legal... that is why I said check the state code....because not ALL game laws are in that pamphlet!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by finnbear
U can bait deer and elk in washington also! it's just not widely known!! this is the trouble the regs that are pulished DO NOT specifilly prohibit it but the also DO NOT say it is legal... that is why I said check the state code....because not ALL game laws are in that pamphlet!!!
i took your advice and emailed them directly, i was surprised when both of the emails said that it was legal! that opens a few possibilities for this years season, now i can set out some salt licks and whatever else possible to at least get some pictures on my trail cams!
Old 05-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cataraft
a young'n thinkin he knows everything....
or a PETA member
Old 05-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by JNTURK
a young'n thinkin he knows everything....
or a PETA member
no kidding, good thing i did some follow up research after i read this comment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.