Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Some Montana Pictures

Old 03-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Some Montana Pictures

Here's a few pictures from last season down in Montana. My wife and I went back there to visit family and friends and luckily we got to get out and enjoy the outdoors while we were there.

This is my wife's 90-year-young great-grandmother with the great bull elk she shot on the ranch. Grandma got scoped in the process, but it didn't even phase her, and certainly didn't ruin her excitement. They just don't make them like they used to. Before the cry-babies chime in the ranch is open to free public hunting so it certainly wasn't like she was camped on some gimmie bull. Grandma earned that one even though it was on her land.

The second photo shows the best way to pack an elk...with a backhoe. Great-grandpa is in the middle of the photo. He's 94 and still gets out and hunts every year.
Attached Thumbnails Some Montana Pictures-img_6745.jpg   Some Montana Pictures-img_6734.jpg  
Old 03-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

This is my brother-in-law's 81 year old grandfather with an awesome 6x8 bull he bagged.
Attached Thumbnails Some Montana Pictures-oct-008-small.jpg   Some Montana Pictures-oct-015small.jpg  
Old 03-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

too bad it's public, I was gonna offer granny a band aid in trade for ranch/elk access, haha.

Congrats! The backhoe is the way to get it done!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

oh man that 6x8 is awesome!

is that a general unit? limited draw?
Old 03-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

My good buddy Joe and his brother Jeff bagged these two great bulls on opening day of the general season. Public land and unguided.
Attached Thumbnails Some Montana Pictures-joes-bull-2009-small.jpg   Some Montana Pictures-jeffs-bull-09-small.jpg  
Old 03-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Here's a nice mulie my cousin bagged. For only being a 3x4 he had really nice width. We left the ranch house at 0545 and Jon had this buck down by 0730. That was a serious butt kicker dragging that buck out of the mountains in the deep snow.
Attached Thumbnails Some Montana Pictures-montana-008-small.jpg   Some Montana Pictures-montana-014-small.jpg  
Old 03-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

My soon to be brother-in-law bagged this 4-point mulie at the tail end of the season. This buck walked by completely oblivious to us at about 20 yards. What was really surprising though was how much velvet he still had on his antlers for that late in the season. We expected some kind of testicular injury, but that wasn't the case. Who knows.
Attached Thumbnails Some Montana Pictures-montana-026-small.jpg  
Old 03-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

These pictures leave a little to be desired, because it was fairly dark when I took them, but there's still some good critters there. The first one is a group of a dozen bulls heading into the timber at the neighbors ranch. We went up there to "check fence" with the owner of the ranch and saw about thirty bulls. There's one 7-point, a couple of 6's, and the rest in this group are 5's.

The second picture is "the buck pasture." There's a couple of nice 4 and 5-point bucks in this picture. It's a fun spot to watch the bucks, especially when the rut really kicks in.
Attached Thumbnails Some Montana Pictures-montana-004-small.jpg   Some Montana Pictures-montana-044-small.jpg  
Old 03-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey jeff,thanks for sharing the photos,they were great!!!!!!! god bless your in-laws!! nice to see folks that age can still get out & enjoy the outdoors.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Fork Horn

A herd of pronghorn out on the prairie.

Sunset at my in-law's ranch. It's a tough gig, but somebody has to do it.
Attached Thumbnails Some Montana Pictures-montana-032-small.jpg   Some Montana Pictures-montana-11.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.