Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

moose meat

Old 02-23-2010, 08:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have only tried Caribou other than deer and moose. I like the deer meat the best but, I do enjoy moose meat as well.. Meatballs from moose meat is the best you can get IMO...
Old 02-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

As with all game meats, taste can change dramatically within a species. Overall, I have had some very good moose, with a few lots of some less desirable. I find elk more consistent.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Spike

ya moose meat is great stuff...cook or roast it slow just like Elk
took one up in Alaska few years back, just like beef /o the marbling
Old 02-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually prefer bear and deer first and second with moose a close third. I find moose meat a little dry compared to the other venison meats. That is just my preference. I sure as heck would`nt turn any down if offered to me.

Ron
Old 02-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

I had a friend who sent me a nice big moose steak and it was truly excellent.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default moose

I've eaten more than a few moose , for my taste the only wild red meat that's as good or better is bison.And yes I've had that from several different animals to.
Alex
Old 03-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

I've taken three moose on DIY hunts. I even butcher my own. I love the meat and still have some from this past fall. Rutted up bulls aren't usually good though. I've had Elk, Caribou, Deer, Antelope, and Bear that I liked about as much though. Bison is the best I've eaten.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Spike

Well i grew up eating nothing but wild game, and it was mostly moose! You get a big bull in august, and the meat is hard to beat, tender and not gamey, wolves havent been running them and of course they havent started rutting... That being said about early moose, a rutting bull... wouldn't feed it to my friends or family, it doesnt matter how careful you are about keeping the hair off the meat, you can throw the meat in the river, whatever tricks i have tried the meat is gamely as can be... and it can be pretty nasty... Early moose is hands down the way to go... However i would take a second rut elk over a august moose anytime! But then again I have eaten more moose than your average wolf, so elk has been a very nice change!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

had my corned moose brisket last night... delicious...
Old 06-29-2010, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

I just ate the last of my moose meat from this past season. Had moose sausage last Thursday. I love moose sausage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.