Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Mineral Blocks or Salt Licks for Mule Deer >

Mineral Blocks or Salt Licks for Mule Deer

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Mineral Blocks or Salt Licks for Mule Deer

Old 02-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Spike

Default Mineral Blocks or Salt Licks for Mule Deer

Has anyone tried using mineral blocks or salt licks for Mule Deer? Have you had any success? If so, what has been the most successful.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

I've never used them but I've seen guys use salt licks for Muley's before just because they've told me and I've seen licks in the field. I don't know how successfull they were but whenever I run into the licks in the field there is a ton of sign and I've seen lots of trail cam pics around a lick that was getting nailed.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by rather_be_huntin
I've never used them but I've seen guys use salt licks for Muley's before just because they've told me and I've seen licks in the field. I don't know how successfull they were but whenever I run into the licks in the field there is a ton of sign and I've seen lots of trail cam pics around a lick that was getting nailed.
Thanks for the response. I would like to set up a lick near a trail camera just to see what is walking through the area. Hoepfully I can find something attractive so it won't take long to establish the area. I am hoping to move it around a bit to see what types of animals are traveling on the different trails.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Spike

Salt and mineral licks aren't legal in all states, you may want to double check your state's hunting regs before putting one out. They're illegal here in Colorado.