Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Colo elk App Questions

Old 02-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default Colo elk App Questions

Hi all

When u apply for a group hunt can you have a resident in a group of nonresidents and how many persons can you have in a group ?

I know if I dig long enough on the CO.DOW sight I could find it but that web-sight gives me a headache.

Thanks
Shane
Old 02-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd suggest calling CDOW and asking them.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Read it here:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdonl...nformation.pdf

Page 6: Group applications. But basically, there is no limit to group size, and if ther are resident and nonresidents, the whole group goes in under the nonresident quota.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

Thxs guys.

Having to apply for a certain GMU might help in getting a tag the first year. We will see.

Shane
Old 02-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Spike

One other thing to think about a group hunt application is that all of you will get the tags or none of you will. If your applying for a unit that needs preference points, DOW will take the guy with the least points and use that as a baseline to approve or dissaprove. Same with resident/non-resident. If the unit has very limited tags, it's pretty tough to draw the whole group unless the whole group has a bunch of points built up. I hunt with 4 other guys and we have found that it's much easier to draw individually. Of course our area usually has leftover tags, so drawing what we want is no problem.