Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 please check this out if you are going to use an outfitter!! >

please check this out if you are going to use an outfitter!!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

please check this out if you are going to use an outfitter!!

Old 06-20-2003, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: please check this out if you are going to use an outfitter!!

I did know a mexican thet could use his like a bolo. Slung ' em ' round his haid an' whipped ' em down to wrap ' round the steer' s legs. Not so much as a grunt outta him til the steer tripped up an' yanked him off his hoss.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:27 PM

I hate to even bring this up in fear of blowing this whole thing off track but i have to agree with the others on BJ. Am i the only one that finds it hard to have an intelligent conversation with someone who truely goes out of his way to sound like some uneducated mountain man with " fetchin words n such fellers" ?? But like some of you said, is parked in front of a pc. I dont buy his whole act
Old 06-23-2003, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a modern mt man cant have a pc? It ( the pc)Dosnt make him a real hunter?

If that was the case then all on here, it would be the same for.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 1eyedfish

If that was the case then all on here, it would be the same for.
Could that be you Yoda?
Old 06-23-2003, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have more hair then yoda
Old 06-23-2003, 05:51 PM

If you guys that spend all your time trying to dig up info would just call these outfitters and talk with them, you would be saving yourself a ton of time. Asking for brochures, referances and success rates does not prove a thing, they all could be fabricated. The way to get the info you need is by making a list of every possible question you can think of and ask away. Just by the way he answers the questions will give you a good idea of what he is all about. If he can say that he gets most of his weeks booked with repeat buisness, he is probably on top of his game.
The biggest thing to remember is that no matter how successfull your guide may be, if he does not have a hunter that will listen to his words of advice, the trip will most likely go bad!!!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

The way to get the info you need is by making a list of every possible question you can think of and ask away.
Good point, and that is what I do. However, I limit my list only to questions that are important to me, and will make the hunt sucessful (not necessarily bagging game) to me. Besides talking to the owner of the outfit and hunter references, I also try to talk to the head guide.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

I like what Marlin said. You paid for it, now use it!. Also, remember thet feller thet shows you a fine time deserves a good tip. He ain' t bein' paid very good by the outfitter, an' probly took time off a real job to guide. Nuthin' feels worse than showin' a feller a good time, killin' a nice bull, havin' him slap you on the back an' rant ' bout what a wonderful hunt its been, then not even cover yer gas to the trailhead in his tip. 10% of the cost of the hunt is a good tip for a good guide. Very few guides stick around when they ain' t bein' paid. Then, the next guys in that camp suffer from pimple-faced, wet behind the ears guide wannabes that got the job through the back of some magazine an' never even rode a horse til they arrived at the outfitter' s dude ranch that summer. Budget a tip, or don' t go.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:51 PM

Amen to that BeaverJack!!
Old 06-30-2003, 05:39 AM
DL2

Hate to burst everyones bubble about the Huntinfo site.

These posts have major room for error; first they are not checked by the admin, you can have disgruntled guests (who may have been kicked out of the camp for being an a$$ or just got nothing while they were there), and the competition can also post to make another outfitter look bad.

I am suprised that Josh hasn' t placed a disclaimer on his site and, or hasn' t been sued already.

Don' t believe everything that is written on the internet people. Just look at what one can do on that site?

Do yourself a favour when you are looking for a hunt. Get the names, phone numbers, dates of past successful/unsuccessful clients (at least 10), talk with the DNR, the BBB, etc.

Quick Reply: please check this out if you are going to use an outfitter!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.