Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

eastern wyoming antelope

Old 12-27-2009, 06:41 AM
Spike

Default eastern wyoming antelope

I would like to go antelope hunting in 2010. I went in 2006 and killed a nice buck. I hunted in unit 6 and payed a $ 400 tresspass fee. I went by myself and had a blast. I really want to go again,but the place I hunted will only let you shoot one antelope or pay the $400 fee for each one. I found out I really like antelope meat and would like to bring home 2 or 3 but not at $400 a pop.I do not have a bit of problem paying a tresspass fee.I do not want to go the public land route,due to tag drawing odds.If anyone has any info on any ranches on the east side of wyoming that charge a tresspass fee that might let a guy go, please pm me. Thanks

Mike
Old 12-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you're looking for does/meat, absolutely draw a 100% draw unit with some public land and go blast away!

years ago we hunted one of thoseunits with checkerboard public land near Saratoga, the draw was 100% on bucks, so does I'm sure were 100% then on top of it you could get 2 or 3 does tags I think plus another 2-3 bonus doe tags, some hunters in our camp had 4 or 6 doe tags and they all filled!

I would think you could probably find some private land to hunt for does though, perhaps post an ad on Craigslist..... i think a landowner would be much more likely to let a guy shoot a doe for free than a buck...
Old 12-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

I believe the Wyoming Dept of Game and Fish publishes a pamphlet listing land owners who allow trespass, check them out. They're in Cheyenne.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:42 AM
Typical Buck

plenty of blm land there just do some research.