Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
.30 165Gr. BTSP  Hornady or Speer??? >

.30 165Gr. BTSP Hornady or Speer???

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

.30 165Gr. BTSP Hornady or Speer???

Old 12-04-2009, 06:05 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun
That's a beautiful buck Relentless...

n5638B, I bought a box of 165 gr. PSPCL at Wal Mart last week to try out in my 06 to see how it likes those. I've heard good things about them. One thing I noticed out of the box of 20 I bought is the tips have a lot of slop on them. Are the bulk packs of bullets the same way?

I still need to get me a good scope for my 06. I had a cheap Bushnel on it and the cross hairs moved around. I'm going to get a Nikon Prostaff. I took it off and shot open sights at 50 yards and got a one inch group with Winchester power points but I can't find power point bullets for reloading in 165 gr. I only seen the 165 gr. PP at Wal Mart that one time. Winchester doesn't even list the 165 on their web site. All the 165's I shot grouped better then all the 180's. I did kill a 5x5 bull last year with a 180gr. Silver Tip at 70 yards. It clipped the top of the heart and both lungs were mush. The exit hole was the same size as the entry hole. No blood came out of either hole. Wasn't a big deal because he side stepped about 3 steps and laid down to rest for the last time.

Cajun, I know Ive seen them for sale in bulk somewhere, You might want to call these guys and see if they are available.

http://www.natchezss.com/bullets.cfm...8&bulletType=0