Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Big Elk down

Old 10-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great bull
Old 10-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations on the first Elk.
That's something I haven't hunted before. It must be exciting....

CHEERS,
louie
Old 10-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

congratulations, nice bull
Old 10-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice looking elk ! Congrats and with a stick and a string is surely a great way to get em... How much does one wiegh dressed? I am just curious as I have never hunted them either.. But, who knows maybe something I will try in a future hunt sometime....
Old 10-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I'm up in Montana. The 25th starts rifle season and I'm gonna help my buddies get their elk. My cousin helped get mine out. Its not only my duty but wanting to return the favor. Phil - An elk, dressed, your looking at approx. 600-700 lbs. maybe more depending on the age and how big the elk is. I'm guestimating that mine was around 650 or so. I can't wait to get him back from the butcher. jerky, breakfast links, steak and burger. The night that I do, my buddies and I are haveing an elk feast.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stuckinthereeds
I got my very first elk last night 7:00pm. 30 min. from the end of shooting hours. A big beautiful Rocky Mountain 5x5. It was at 50 yards with my bow. I came around the corner to a watering hole. I really wasn't expecting to see anything but then I saw this beautiful bull. My arrow was true. Strait through the heart. Ran about 30 yards and it dropped.

It was a beautiful. The sun was going down and shined right on this elk. I wish I could describe it better. Just amazing. Praise God!
Awsome, good job man. That is a fine looking bull. It's amazing how many pieces are parts have to come togather to get an elk on the ground with a bow here in Montana. Congrats.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Outstanding! congrats on your first Elk!