Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Big Game Success Pics -2009 >

Big Game Success Pics -2009

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Big Game Success Pics -2009

Old 09-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Spike

Cool Colorado Elk

It was a very slow start for me. I saw a few bulls the first week but never had a shot under 75 yards. Unfortunately, I can not hunt the entire season so I headed back to Florida at the end of the first week of archery. I made it back to Colorado on the evening of 19th and was prepared to stay until the 27th. The day I arrived I made a successful stalk on two full body mule deer mounts and got my liscense checked. The warden thanked me for doing everything right and we were on our way. Day two was a blank. On Monday we overslept so we decided to go seperate ways and do some scouting. 35 minutes after getting in to the woods I herd a bull squeal and the fun began. I gave a light squeal back and he came back with a roar. We exchanged a few bugles and then he turned my way. I quickly realized he was coming my way fast so I charged towards him 70 yards or so, ranged a few trees and connected my release. 30 seconds later he was bugling at 22 yards with a small spruce seperating us with me at full draw. He then walked out, I cow called, and he stopped and looked as I let the arrow fly. He jumped foward and started walking alway. 60 yards later he was down. While I was field dressing my bull another one bugled not far away. The next day we worked him pretty hard but he would run from the call. We got close enough a few times to see he was alone but wasn't up for a challenge. On Wednesday, we got back on him but never called to him. After a three mile chase, he found some cows and held up long enough for my best friend to get a 40 yard shot. The bull went 100 yards before going down. We caped him out for a local taxidermist we know and it turns out he had been shot through the ear with a 4 blade broadhead recently. All in all a great 4 days in the woods. We only have 11 months until next season!
Attached Thumbnails Big Game Success Pics -2009-img00214.jpg   Big Game Success Pics -2009-p1010041.jpg  
Old 09-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Spike

Nice - congrats they are both very nice bulls!
Old 09-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Typical Buck

Very nice! Congrats!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking bulls. Congrats to both of you.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Spike

Big Game Success Pics -2009-09bull3.jpg

My cousin and I smoked this bull near our ranch in Southern British Columbia. Public Land bull that gross scores 333 with a broke off brow tine on his left side. We located him with a bugle at the top of a thick drainage and cow called and bugled our way into him. He held up in the thick spruce and willows for a good 25 minutes while a 5x5 snuck around us to get a look. I bugled one last time and this guy finally showed himself at 23yds and I drove him through the lungs with my .300wm. Done deal. Was an exciting hunt!!
Old 10-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Trickle Creek Ranch
Attachment 3480

My cousin and I smoked this bull near our ranch in Southern British Columbia. Public Land bull that gross scores 333 with a broke off brow tine on his left side. We located him with a bugle at the top of a thick drainage and cow called and bugled our way into him. He held up in the thick spruce and willows for a good 25 minutes while a 5x5 snuck around us to get a look. I bugled one last time and this guy finally showed himself at 23yds and I drove him through the lungs with my .300wm. Done deal. Was an exciting hunt!!

Congrats! That is a beautiful animal.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Spike

Congrats - well done! It looks like a really nice bull. I was wondering where rifle hunting was open so early - didn't think of BC.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your elk. He is beautiful. I also got my first elk last night. Got him with my bow from 50 yards!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

very nice bulls, what part of colorado where you hunting in?
Old 10-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Spike

We were hunting near Montrose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.