Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Help me judge these bears! >

Help me judge these bears!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Help me judge these bears!

Old 09-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

225 pound range dressed. Nice looking head on him!!

80 to 90 pound range dressed.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

as i said, we shot both of these bears so I know what they went, it's easy to misjudge a bear.

the first bear went 18 9/16th, likely in around 250 pounds (that's spring weight mind you), the second bear was much bigger, skull went 19 10/16th, likely weighed at least 50 pounds more than other bear.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Typical Buck

You are smokin crack if that bear on the bottom is 300 pounds! Ur not talkin to the guys at work now! Lol
Old 09-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

you got me, think it was actually 289 lbs as i said earlier, we don't weight the bears so i was guessing by how heavy he was as we were moving him around, he was very close to that i would say, my point was more, he was a bigger bear than the first pic, sometimes the angle of the bear, the way it's headis turned in a pic, makes it tough to be sure, here he is on the ground, almost a 20" skull

Old 09-15-2009, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RonPenner
you got me, think it was actually 289 lbs as i said earlier, we don't weight the bears so i was guessing by how heavy he was as we were moving him around, he was very close to that i would say, my point was more, he was a bigger bear than the first pic, sometimes the angle of the bear, the way it's headis turned in a pic, makes it tough to be sure, here he is on the ground, almost a 20" skull

Your saying the bear In this picture Is the same bear as the one below?

Old 09-15-2009, 07:20 AM
Typical Buck

theres NO WAY! THE SECOND BEAR IS A CUB!FOR CHRIST SAKE!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

Hey first things first, Passthru24, so sorry for hijacking your post, only meant to show how hard it is to judge bears!!!

yes it is the same bear and no it's not a cub, if it is a cub it's a really big one , see the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wipD7twW4s
Old 09-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's definitely the same bear Ron, no doubt. I agree that at certain angles a person can really be fooled at the size of bear. We have 10 camera's out on our baits so I've saw a ton of pictures of bear. Some pictures look huge and then the next picture of the same bear looks allot smaller. This just goes to show, a guy really never knows. In your video that bear grew Immensely when he was at different angles. Great bear, congratulation's to the hunter!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

you were right! i stand corrected. P.s and here i thought i finally could judge em! lol even with 9 yrs of bear hunting(very close range)with a bow.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks, the first bear was the one my 14 year old son shot, from my archery stand with my lever action 30/30, we actually passed on it and watched it for some time, got some great video before we realized it was a pretty good bear especially for a 14 year old who had yet to shot a bear, made a great shot!

Here's the one i was waiting for but he never made an appearance during daylight hours, let's hear some guesses???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.