Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

antelope info!

Old 09-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default antelope info!

I've been to Montanas' web site and not sure what I'm seeing.

My questions, when does the Montana antelope (rifle) season open and what counties. What does it cost for a non-resendent? Is it on the draw system? \\\

I've got some buddies leaving on the 4th to bird hunt in Montana on private land. They go out there every year and hunt on private land and say that the owners say you can antelope on their land any time, and kill as many as you want. Dosen't sound right based on what I've read on the Mt DNR web site.

As I said, they are leaving on the 4th, and they want me to go, so I need info in a hurry, please help.

Thanks,
dog1
Old 09-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

depends on the area and species being hunted...

antelope I think often times if one landowner says no, the next one might.

I think all of MT antelope is on a draw system, there may be leftover buck antelope tags, but I doubt it, you more than likely can tag along and buy a leftover doe tag or tags...

Also deer galore! think about a leftover deer tag, might be able to get a buck tag!
Old 09-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Montana is a draw only on antelope.Go to the hunt planner and start planing for next year.

It's a joke about kill as many as you want.Alot of farmer/landowners veiw them like rats or pests.You can only get a 1 buck tag in draw,depending on area doe/fawn can be had over counter.

BBJ