Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

old

Old 03-19-2009, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default old

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-21-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Colorado deadline

My apps are in and between existing pref points and land owner vouchers I am bound to hunt every year. I suggest online apps as opposed to mail in.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default old

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-21-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:11 AM

I'll be making my entry this week end to return for the second year.
I would like to save up a few preference points for a muzzle loader hunt but I want to hunt every year too.
I hunt GMU 78 and I don't bow hunt so to go as early as possible my bestbet is the first rifle season.
If I understand the way it works I can't purchase a preference point and still have any chance of drawing a tag for the first rifle since last year the quota was 2100 and there were 2223 applicants.
I also will never draw a bull muzzle loader tag without preferenc points so apparently the only way to go muzzle loader is to go over the counter week 2 rifle for ayear or to to build preference points.
Is that correct?
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default old

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-21-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm building pts for elk, deer, but building those NR sheep, moose, goat pts are expensive! to front the entire tag fee just for a bonus pt... 3 x $1800 ..... that's a lot of $ out of pocket.

Don't forget Non-residents Moose, Sheep, Goat are paper apps only! no online option.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: skenny

I'll be making my entry this week end to return for the second year.
I would like to save up a few preference points for a muzzle loader hunt but I want to hunt every year too.
I hunt GMU 78 and I don't bow hunt so to go as early as possible my bestbet is the first rifle season.
If I understand the way it works I can't purchase a preference point and still have any chance of drawing a tag for the first rifle since last year the quota was 2100 and there were 2223 applicants.
I also will never draw a bull muzzle loader tag without preferenc points so apparently the only way to go muzzle loader is to go over the counter week 2 rifle for ayear or to to build preference points.
Is that correct?
Thanks in advance.
Just put 1st rifle as your first choice.you are correct that you would have had no chance of drawing last year, but you never know, someone may stay home this year. Then, you can either put 2nd rifle as your 2nd choice and they will send you a license, or just wait and buy one OTC.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

Already in commme onnnn... Unit 7 Archery Moose!!!!
Old 03-22-2009, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Colorado Muzzleloader is a very limited license. Of course each yr depends on # of applicants, and # tags given out for each area. But if you want to be sure you draw one someday, you'll want at least 2 pref. pts.. 3 is almost a guarentee.
In my opinion muzzleloader is the way to go. Its the 3rd wk of overall season, same as archery. You get first gun crack at Elk, and its in the heart of the rut.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ElkNutz

Already in commme onnnn... Unit 7 Archery Moose!!!!
Yeah good luck with that!!

Mine in the mail tomorrow.

Quick Reply: old

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.